So according to this website it's started snowing around the Hokaido area, Is there any truth to that rumour. How many centremetres have we had so far. I heard another rumour that this season Niseko may get a super pipe cranking.......... Yes/no?

Clearly it's snowing in Hokkadio. If you actually read any of the 'Now!' reports, you'd understand that they were being written by a person who lived on/around the mountain and could physically see the surrounding weather and conditions. Furthermore, there are live webcams of Niseko Hirafu at the official website:

http://www.grand-hirafu.jp/en/index.html

That should get you believing the 'rumours'. Alternatively you can read any of about 8 different forum posts which actually discuss the new snow, its weight, its depth and how its about to be compacted by another 5 metres over the next few months....

SJ.com: sorry, was trying to be ironic. \:\(

I'm pretty sure that this guy got the info on the super pipe from the main Aussie ski forum. The thing is, he was questioning this site about the 'rumours' (with a webcam no less!).

Was trying to imply two things, that

a) (serious part of the post) If the Now updates were 'rumours' then what's to say that the whole site isn't a rumour (I certainly don't think this way). I can't see anything on the SJ.com site to imply that anything is inaccurate - if you thought it my not be accurate, why ask in the forums of *this* site?

B) (joking) Maybe the whole site is like a Truman show type thing where all the posts are by somebody with too much spare time and I'm the only real person (I haven't met anybody else!). I don't think it would be humanly possible to type that amount though.

certainly it wasn't meant to be offensive.

(I honestly think that this site is great, and I regularly check the Now updates finding them both useful from a snow point of view and I like the descriptions by the authors.)

Hope this makes sense \:o

• SnowJapan Moderator

OK thanks \:\)

I just want to point out that a tremendous amount of time and effort goes into the now pages and giving people the info. Each one is written by someone who is THERE, telling it like it is.... we're really strict about that fundamental thing being the essential basis of the reports.

On a less serious note, I'm sure he won't mind me saying this but way back when the site first started - and until 'real people' turned up - I think Andrew (the guy who created it in the first place) was pretty much "talking to himself" on the forums to get the thing going. Or maybe not. Perhaps he will be able to say more about that. lol.gif That sure isn't the case now though, believe me!

I knew it was a joke. its just been one of those days.

As for a superpipe there was offcial talk that harmony was going to make a pipe. whether they have followed thourgh with it is another story. best that you contact harmony directly to find out.

SJ.com: I think it's pretty evident that somebody there is writing the reports. Each of them reads very differently and focuses on different issues.

Speaking of those early posts, I notice that it doesn't seem to be possible to access threads with an id earlier than 2000?

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
 Quote:
Originally posted by sava:
SJ.com #4: you say that, but how do I know it's true? For all we know, you could be making all of the posts on this forum just to confuse me.
mate, thats probably outta line...even if you are trying to be funny.
Always quick to wet your pants about whether something is "allowed" or not eh 'kashi?

sava, Balkan humour is not appreciated on these threads.
  • SnowJapan Moderator

"Balkan humour" or not (whatever that is! \:\) ), please try to understand this from our point of view:

Many thousands of people read these forums. If a comment about the site is posted that can easily be misunderstood, many people may read it and, er, misunderstand.

So because we really care about the site, it's reputation and integrity, we want to clear things up if at all possible. I think that's reasonable

\:D

• SnowJapan Admin
 Quote:
On a less serious note, I'm sure he won't mind me saying this but way back when the site first started - and until 'real people' turned up - I think Andrew (the guy who created it in the first place) was pretty much "talking to himself" on the forums to get the thing going. Or maybe not. Perhaps he will be able to say more about that. That sure isn't the case now though, believe me!
That was a many years ago, right at the beginning, but yes it did happen a bit. It was a totally different (and really primitive) bulletin board back then, totally user unfriendly. Thanks for bringing back the memories lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
 Quote:
Originally posted by sava:
SJ.com #4: you say that, but how do I know it's true? For all we know, you could be making all of the posts on this forum just to confuse me.
mate, thats probably outta line...even if you are trying to be funny.
Always quick to wet your pants about whether something is "allowed" or not eh 'kashi?

sava, Balkan humour is not appreciated on these threads.
:rolleyes:

ummm, sure, yup, thats me :rolleyes: