...To all ya'll snowboarding junkies ............ Any clues as to where to find rails and snowboard parks in Niseko in February 2006. we are super keen to cut sick on our cross country ski's and snow plow some urban rails while eating sashimi. !!!!!!!!!!

2 seasons eh, so what am i in for going to Niseko, anyway of not being a VB drinking aussie while over there???????? Sounds like it is all about the free riding and the pow pow, not the jumps and rails

yep, its all about freeriding and pow, thats what it should be about in my oppinion, you can take freestyle into off-piste and make use of the terrain in the trees by bonking, jibbing and jumping ect. you can try anything in the powder its so soft you don't stack hard, just have to watch the trees.

vb's were like $9AU

Nothing better than decent freshies agreed............. Any advice on researching the area, nice web sight or anything like that. How do we learn about respecting the local people, the way of life and traditions.

Niseko is suposed to have a superpipe as of this year. We will see about that. There should be some more jumps around higashiyama this year but dont expect the standard to be high. If you want a mix of rails and powder then hakuba is the place you should be at. 47 sanosaka and yaneba have big parks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
there has been talk for years about Niseko getting a superpipe. For the amount of amazing snow and wide open terrain, Niseko has the worst park/pipe. Its a shame really;but, I guess when you go there all most people want to do anyways is ride powpow.
Anyone know if Luke (young Aussie dude - worked in Fatty's as well) who was hired as a gaijin park expert for 03/04 ended up coming back to do it last year? If not, did they get a new token "expert?"

As for urban - sure there are places all over Nagano-shi. Just go lookin around the city. Helps to have a car. I remember pointing out a lot of "sick" places with barok... not that we ever went back and actually "snowboarded" on any of them.

I think there are some sic urban stuff as well.... but if you get caught you just dont know how they are going to handle it. The nagano ski jump has a sic down rail that is pretty much open to all. If you find stuff do it low key and get in and get out dont linger and stick around if its not an out of the way place.