hello my names matt and me and a few mates from New Zealand are thinking about doing a trip to japan for snowboarding, and were wondering if anyone had any ideas where the best place to go would be and at what time of the year any info would be much appreciated wakaranai.gif

What are you trying to do? That's hardly welcoming to newcomers is it? If you don't have anything constructive to say, why say it?

matt - you might want to start by looking over info for stuff in Nagano, Hokkaido, Niigata perhaps and go from there. There's lots of other info and answers on these forums as well (I've used them a lot), but if you have questions they'll have to be a bit more specific to get good answers (and avoid fools as above).

Good luck.

What am I trying to do? I'm trying to encourage lazy first posters to do their own preliminary research.

matt mcg and aflac-duck-lookalike, before you first post on a forum, it's generally polite to have a little look around first and see if what you're looking for ISN'T ALREADY AVAILABLE ALL OVER THE FRIKKIN' PLACE.

When you've checked that out and have specific questions, I expect people will be delighted to help you.

Quote:
Originally posted by aflac-duck-lookalike:
What are you trying to do? That's hardly welcoming to newcomers is it? If you don't have anything constructive to say, why say it?
You get the same questions every week. If people bothered looking throughout the site, I.E., the Search Function, Resort Info, whatnot, and come with specifics questions, not the same ones we get every other day, then Im sure they would be answered; rather than does it really snow in Japan?

If people bothered to do their own search (to a certain degree), then come with questions, this kinda of "stuff" could be avoided.

Why provide totally misleading info and get worked up about it though? Why not just either ignore posts like that and post nothing, or tell them to "search around" and come back with specific questions? Seems much better than getting all hot and bothered.

(Some people seem to enjoy getting all worked up about nothing though. I feel kinda sad for them.)

----

Matt - don't be put off by where this thread has gone! We're a friendly bunch usually \:D

> Why be nasty and get worked up about it though?

Notice that it all started with a little joke. I thought lazybones would maybe get a map and try to find Kyushu, or maybe Google it, and thereby discover the wonderful world of research.

> Why not just either ignore posts like that and post nothing, or tell them to "search around" and come back with specific questions?

Because that gets boring quickly. Feel free to do that if you want, but I'll do as I please.

Perhaps a sticky posting at the top of the forum saying "Please look at the site first before posting vague questions" might be a good idea, now that there are rather a lot of these.

hay hay settle down we have done research but thort someone could give us a leading hand. ocean 11 pull your head in if u gt nuthin to do apart from givin pple sht ova who are just looking for help u hava sad sad life. and thanks yamakashi will look at links

Quote:
Originally posted by matt mcg:
An we thort someone may give us an idea which park has the best terrain park ect
What area are you going to go to?

Dynaland in Gifu is pretty good.

Joetsu Kokusai in Niigata is good.

Just depends where youre gonna go. Niseko has a crap park and pipe JFYI.