Hi All

Newbie here, some friends and I are planning a trip to Hokkaido in end of Feb 2006 - early march 2006. I only read good stuff bout Niseko, so thinking about that resort.

Do any member have any suggestion for other resort in Hokkaido?

Prefer a resort/ mountain with more native then foreigners. Not too expensive if possible.

Any suggestion welcome! Tks in advance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
 Quote:
Originally posted by advantyper:
Hi All
Prefer a resort/ mountain with more native then foreigners.
You may want to do a little more research if this is what you are looking for
Especially since Niseko has been taken over by Ozzies, i.e., foreigners ;\)

Yamakashi, I hope you are joking about snowboarder being banned.. That would really suck.

I don't mind if there are foreigners, but not to much, going there to experience the culture and people as well. So if there are foreigners running the place, sort of kill the purpose you know.

the only resorts I been to so far is ones in Oregon and Whistler. haven't snowboard oversea yet, so I thought it'll be fun to try it out in Japan.

I'll look into Zao and Tomamu, tks for everyone's advice. Good thing my trip isn't till next year, got more time to replan.

There are way more Japanese people at Niseko than foreigners advantyper. Just that for a Japanese experience Niseko might not be the place. It is very popular with the Australian crowd.

You will still have a good time if you go there I hope but it might not be what you're looking for.

something like 15000 plus auzzies this year with trips booking out already for next year already look for at least 20000 next season.

Any after hours hang-out will be crawling with westerners for sure.

Niseko does get powder but you cant sleep in these days, and still get the best of the goods.

advantyper, yeah, sorry, wuz just takin the piss bout snowboarders being banned up in Hokkaido. Some resorts here do have skiers only areas but those are just a few of the exceptions.

The only place I want to go more than any other resort is back to Nozawa Onsen and try over at Myoko too - if that helps with some more suggestions.

cb nozawa can be haunting at times. Next time you should be fine. Ill take you into some perfect chutes next time. Condition one you must use your big 105s. Condition 2 if you cream your pants you buy beers the whole night.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I meant creaming your pants cause it will be the best line that you have ever done in your life.
I bought ya tons of beers last year cuz you pulled me outta da creek, beers for best line of my life sounds good. I wanna be on my Atomics for the season and then switch over to my launchers for spring.

20k over a season isn't actually that much...

15k last year meant that you would travel with aussies about one in four times on the lifts,

of course, that's still more than other places.