I took this on Dec 18 last year at about 3pm. This is the view out the window while I'm on the computer. Not bad.... ;\)

computer_room_window_clipped.jpg

Compare that pic with these I took last night at 1am. We've had 24 hours of light for over a month now. Only another month and a half of this to go and then maybe I can return to my regular sleep schedule!

1AM_in_Alaska_pic_2.jpg

1AM_in_Alaska.jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
I'd hate to be there in the winter in terms of lack of daylight. How many hours daylight do you get in winter?
It's really not that bad. During the work week, it makes things go faster - seriously. Then, I go home, put on my headlamp and go x-cntry ski or, if the snow is doing well, go for a snowmobile ride.

The 24 hours of light bugs me more to tell you the truth. It makes you feel like you should always be out there doing something. It's run me ragged, even in my post-surgery state.

The warmth, the sun, the clear skis - they are welcome during these summer months, however. Something I didn't get to see in Japan. I have no real complaints at all, no matter what the season \:\)