Best hill that hasn't been developed into a resort yet?

Hi there, my first post here.

Ever seen any hills in Japan in winter and thought "wow, that would make a sweet run up there" if only they'd develop it. I'm not wanting to get into a "we don't need more cutting of trees and more resorts, we've got enough already" discussion, just wondering where others have seen some potentially awesome runs.

Off the top of my head:

- parts not developed at ARAI;

- the slopes above the top part of Kagura;

- up in the mountains in Toyama (forgot the names, will have to look)

Seen loads of hills in Gifu around Takasu that would make awesome runs I reckon. Oh so many.

Are there any new resorts being planned/made now at all, anyone know?

Ocean11,

Arai and Kagura, lots of people are doing them. But one of my favorite off piste, which is not liked to any way to a chair lift is Tairapyo and Makihata. This is just other side(across R17) of Naeba and it has been known as classic route, but it is very interesting and you can get 1500 ft of open slope or/and you can tour to Doai station on Joetsu line at the end. Another place of interst is Tanigawa/Tenjin taira, although served by a rope way, there are many coluiors you can do. Caution is that all the places I mentioned are avvey prone, and you need equipment and a brain to go with it.

But there are many books on classic tour routes in Japan and not very many people are doing these, probably becasue the lack to lift access. Also, the new routes need to be developed for borders. The established ones are sometimes not kind to snow boarders.

Too many to mention, although theres this real steep looking part to the side (and down) at Tenjindaira that I'd just love to try out, it'd make an awesome run.