I just hate it when Japanese people who can speak "this is pen" style English, much worse than my Japanese, insist on "speaking English" with me when the conversation would get much further if we communicated in Japanese. I've just had one of those experiences, and it drove me up the wall.

Anyone else get mad at this?

Yeah, that can be annoying eh?

Some solutions:

- Say "Nihongo de hanashimasho?"

- Just keep talking Japanese

- Start using very long and involved grammatical structures replete with redundant clauses, archaic phrasing, and lots of difficult words

come on, your bitching about japanese people speaking to you ? ? this is a joke right ?

this kind of post has no place on a Ski and Snowboard website. Go post this kinda crap on letsjapan.org, or gaijinpot.com or one of the other websites for whiners.

I suppose you speak perfect Japanese, and no Japanese people find you irritating when you "insist" on speaking to them.

If this really the kind of thing that makes you upset, just pretend you only speak Spanish or German or Sweedish or whatever. You are really not smart enough to figure this kinda thing out on your own ?

rolleyes.gif

Well it's good to know we have someone laying out the rules on what people can and can't post, el diablo. Your mail is far more of a waste of time than rajeems. But who am I to say anyway - just don't respond mate!

Wasn't it you I seem to remember talking about bears all the time?

yep bears. . . far more relevant to skiing and snowboarding than this crap-ola. . .

i think you'd appreciate that what i'm saying is true if everytime you hit the backcountry you were chased by a gang of angry grizzlies.

and I'm not laying out rules, it's not my place to do so, allz i'm saying is that this is a decent message board as far as message boards go, and if someone wants to cry about eikawa-related mumbo-jumbo, there are plenty

of crybaby websites dedicated to such jibber-jabber.