Usually they handle it pretty much otherwise we can't survive in this snowy land!

Sometimes some roads may be closed if it snow so hard.

Harder for local people because they have to remove snow around their house. Not easy if they are old and have no one to help them.

You can imagine it you find 60cm snow around your house when you wake up?

• SnowJapan Admin

They manage pretty well here in Yuzawa too - have a huge fleet of snow moving machines that spring into action. At the moment they're out in force doing some work on the main stretch of Route 17 in Yuzawa to try and make it a bit wider. Causing a few delays but nothing too bad.

Sadly a few people have been involved in some snowblowers every year. I saw a description in a newspaper yesterday that a small boy got involved in a snowblower to die.

If you had kids, don't put your attention away from them when snowblowers are around.

Also, please don't ask things so easily when someone drives a snowblower, it's damn danger when we are talked to being knocked at our back or shoulder on removing snow - perhaps people who have never driven snowblowers never know how scary it is \:\(

No picture really.

Cost really depends.

Smaller new ones are around 450,000 - 700,000 yen

but if you needed to remove snow drops off from a roof, you need bigger one because snow drops off from a roof usually gets pressed so tight and frozen. Smaller ones don't work enough for it.

Probably you need bigger than 1 meter wide, heavier than 500kgs, more powerful than 16HPS if it's gasoline driven. Diesel ones are more poweful but way too much expensive.

I asked some snowblower companies in Canada and Sweden how much their stuff cost when I needed to buy new one. Exactly way too much cheaper but they didn't recommend me to buy one from them because of the bolts/nuts difference which could disable to repair.

Big-will,

Yeah, f$$king expensive LOL.

If it's a car, you drive one almost everyday but don't drive a snowblower everyday right? So sometimes I feel it's not worth buying with so much money but can not survive without it in here.

Does second hand market mean a minor maker products market or? Used ones you mean?

In my experience, snowblowers break often. And this always happens when we need it!!!!! Really annoying. So I am affraid it possible or not to repair one if it's a 'second hand market' one.

I don't know anything about snowblowers but I do know that Japanese people are sometimes crazy stupid the way they get rid of things to buy the latest one with the best features.

Having bought and looked at many used appliances and other things I have to say you probably can't go wrong getting a used snowblower.

Hahaha not me, Toque.

Exactly I bought my cars as used ones. I am really not a typical Japanese in the way you mentioned.

But as to snowblowers, it's a 'must' machine for my work. I mean I always need to clean my garden for my guests to get in and out, parking for them to park their cars. If it's just my house to live, I think a snowblower which may break often is also okay, I can shovel snow to make a small path for me but can't let my guests waiting for so long to remove snow.

I really didn't mention that old or used snowblowers are bad choice. It all depends on your choice.

Wakari masuka?