do u get cramps in your legs when you ski/board?

i get cramps on the bridge of my foot when i snowboard and its really painful. it also happens when i walk in some shoes [ie etnies lo cut II]

does anyone else get cramps in their legs/feet when they ski/board?

i think i have a potassium deficiency or something.

Eat Bananas for the potassium and get some footbeds for your feet...

If you want your feet to cooperate with you on long days then beds are the place to start...

Getting comfy boots doesn't mean much without good beds - I swear by comformable...

Your tendons(in the arch) are firing to much, usually a sign of no arch support (foot bed) or a a boot that is two big. You might want to have a boot fitter look at your foot to determin if your boot is too big and how your arch might be affecting the situation.

I used to until I started doing foot and calf exercises. Stand on a stair with your foot half on and half off, and crank yourself up and down 50-60 times. I do this everyday, and now when I board I don't get the pain. Try doing this with your feet at different distances apart.

Also, make sure the laces of the boot liner aren't done up too tightly over the top of your foot.

Probably the advice about the footbed is good too, but I don't know about that.

Quote:
i get cramps on the bridge of my foot when i snowboard and its really painful. it also happens when i walk in some shoes [ie etnies lo cut II]
yeah i get that.... it tends to be when im cold...
the arch of my foot is a killer i donno what that is caused from but i know what your talking bout it makes you kinda wanna scrunch your toes up when you walk?

i get cramps in my calves when i board if im not warm or havent streched or if im going toe or heal side for too long....

if you strech properly befor you go out it helps! \:D

the arch of the foot thing has got S H I T to do with being fit.... not a thing at all.

really i know its got nothing to do with it its like getting a sore finger u dont get sore fingers cause your unfit.....

it a tenden thing. i dont know how to stop it, i try walking different and i look like a spastic! but sometimes it helps!

\:D \:\)

Unfortunately almost everything that goes on in your body has to do with "being fit"....

but.. the expression has many meanings...

in this case the elasticity of tendons and ligiments "does" have a relationship to being fit...

when you are fit you muscles hold your joints and bones together better - hence "strong quads = strong knees" - better fitness means better circulation and blood flow to muscles tendons and ligiments and therefore leads to better fitness of those individual parts...

the usual problem with feet is in all those bones and maybe some of them being out of place...

I restate my point that if you do not have custom footbeds and have foot cramp, calf cramp, back ache type problems then "start" with footbeds before anything else.... the foot is one of the most anotomically important parts of the body but we often forget or neglect it completely... they are the foundation of almost all kinetic movement in your body and therefore - IMO - the most important part of your body during most sports...

Do yourself a favor and give your feet the support they need.........

Quote:
Originally posted by Higuma:

Do yourself a favor and give your feet the support they need.........
Next you will be telling me to send my feet to a Park Ave relationship therapist!

Sriously, although a very different kettle of fish, I was in the infantry for a while and my feet got pretty used to some very hardcore treatment. I one day tried some special footbeds and was amazed at the difference they made. Problem weas they would self destruct after a heavy session in the bush.

i see were your coming from but even the most athletic people and olympians get injuries and pains....

your body if uncontroalble so what ever wants to hurt will hurt... i reckon im pretty fit but i still get a sore arch of my foot everynown again...

it think its from what type of floor your walking on, were i work hasnt got support under the carpet its just concreat and i get a sore arch from that because it dosnt support your foot proplery but that hasnt got much to do with being fit you can have healthy happy muscles and not be fit you might not have any endurace at all...

meh i know what you mean but i still think that if ya got a sore foot its cause ya got a sore foot not cause ya unfit! ??

I think that's what Higuma is saying... look after your feet.

As for even pro athletes getting soreness, of course they do. Being a pro athlete is not particularly healthy. They don't have the luxury of allowing natural healing and recovery time between trains, storing up all sorts of problems for the future, esp. joint and ligament probs.

(Actually, I heard Aussie rule players were increasing suseptable to chronic fatigue syndrome now with the extended season...totally off topic!)

Sam... that was the point.. take care of your feet because they are so important...

Can't make a specific comment about anyones pains and aches - even doctors have problems with that.. but was just trying to say that in most sports your feet are usually both important and highly neglected at the same time..

The bananas comment refers to the high concentration of naturally occuring potassium in them... they used to work great for staving off calf craps the evening after racing motocross..