Do you miss pointing down the hill? It seems boarders are always pointing to the side, not down the hill like us skiers. That's part of the thrill for me!!!!

having done a bit of both I can honestly say I dont know what your talking about. Its exactly the same feeling once you are good - you look where you want to go and as if by majic you go there.

While were asking questions of boarders i have one i've always wondered about...

Do you guys find you have more accidents on your backhand side than the forehand? Is your vision restricted to that side or is it a case of once you get the hang of it no probs???

Just wondering....

Never noticed, but I think, when beginning, the extra edging security (easier to secure a good edge)when facing the slope makes up for the poorer visibility.

I think it makes the turn from facing out to in harder though, as many beginners try to finish the turn while still looking down the hill, leading to wipeout.

always make it a point to point it straight and go!! technically, going straight on a board is really going down the slope in a very wide radius curve but does the trick. never have problems with backside turns, skiers probably have a similar problem with ' tunnel vision '?