Glasses can still be worn under goggles but you might look a little stupid.

There is two solutions. Both are expensive.

1. Use soft contacts. (I do.)

2. Buy goggles that you can have the lenses factory made to your eyesight requirement. I know Oakley does this, but I don't know about the other makers. (This is an expensive option particulary if you lose them or break them.)

Oh, then you've got some fun ahead of you!

I recommend you go and get yourself fitted for some disposable 1-day soft contact lenses. If you don't have them in all day, and you get good at putting them in, then they don't irritate your eyes much at all. They're not particularly expensive either if you just use them when you ski. You can get UV-cut ones too.

Then just use normal goggles.

Goggles and glasses steam up like hell when you do anything strenuous, and if you face plant, it can really hurt. Of course if you're dead set on wearing glasses, then you might like to try the goggles with the battery operated fan on the top. That might help.

No, don't do what mogski says. \:\)

Go to a meganeyasan (glasses shop) and for a small fee a guy dressed up as an eye doctor will give your peepers a cursory check, and then a rather nervous guy with a gold tie will smile nicely through the horrible routine of teaching you to put your new lenses in.

You don't need insurance for any of this, just patience.

The whole thing including lenses cost less than 4,000 yen, and I've still got nearly half a box left. And I can now stick them in without dropping them once!

4,000yen?!

Are you sure those people are looking at the right eye \:D

Me 3 months worth cost 12,000yen+ btu last a good half year or more as I only really use them on the weekends.

Which kind of contacts, soft or hard? They're very different apparently. My wife who uses hard contacts says that you can really always 'feel you have something in your eye', with hard. With soft, often you don't notice anything at all. Important difference.

ugachuga,

I used to be in the same situation, believe me

it's MUCH better to use one-day disposable soft-contact lenses, rather than trying to muck around

with alternatives. If you biff hard, you really

risk serious eye-injury, no joking. Plus, the best

goggles don't seem to fit glasses, they fog up

like hell and it's not fun when you can't see,

and even less fun when you have to stop and

try to wipe off the fog on both your glasses and

goggle lens.

I use glasses regularly. But for snowboarding,

soft-disposables are ok, even though I lose a

little sharpness. Give it a try! Just make sure

you don't put them in backwards.

-montoya