im in the market for a new pair of boarding pants.

how much would i be expected to pay in japan for a decent pair of boarding pants?

has anyone tryed rip curl/quiksilver outerwear? they have a shop here [singapore] that sells boarding pants/jackets made by these brands and i was wondering what the deal was.

just a bit of off hand advice.... but rip curl and quicksilver and billabong and roxy and all of those companys are "SURF" brands they make awsom boardies (shorts) and summer gear.... but i donno how quality their snow gear is.....

i reckon ud be better off with a pants made by "SNOW" companies...... scott, virgin, dakine, north side... blah u know! the more skate/snow companys rather than surf/snow...

just a passing thougth!

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freaks_girl / sam_casper:
just a bit of off hand advice.... but rip curl and quicksilver and billabong and roxy and all of those companys are "SURF" brands they make awsom boardies (shorts) and summer gear.... but i donno how quality their snow gear is.....

i reckon ud be better off with a pants made by "SNOW" companies...... scott, virgin, dakine, north side... blah u know! the more skate/snow companys rather than surf/snow...

just a passing thougth!
yeah i realise that. but living in singapore, where there isnt much snow [hahaha!] these are the only two brands that ive seen snowboarding pants for. and the x-series quicksilver pants look pretty decent. doesnt a bit of quiksilver stuff use goretex? thats what ive been told.

You poor thing! Living in Singapore works better than valium. At least the variety of food is good.

In may experience, quicksilver don't make the best quality surf gear around (at least they didn't a few years ago) so I wouldn't count on them for quality snow gear.

Now go to bed Mandy, or do some homework.

Quote:
Originally posted by deebee:
You poor thing! Living in Singapore works better than valium. At least the variety of food is good.

singapore isnt so bad. ive lived here for 6 years (mind u im looking forward to getting away, 6 more months!). and its good for someone my age, because its safe and cheap.

the weather sucks, and its pretty boring though.

hmm..sounds like everybody is knocking quicksilver, billabong etc because they're surf companies. Let's remember quick/roxy owns Mervin which makes GNU, lib tech and bent metal bindings. Plus if u're one to believe in street cred, Tara Dakides wears Billabong outerwear. check out transworld's site for the details.

I think the most important thing in choosing pants is to make sure it's waterproof rated above 10K. nothing worse than a wet bum on the lift.

If u can wait until u get to japan to buy pants u can get 10k rated sessions pants on the second floor of Liberty in Ochanomizu( there's a map of ochanomizu sumwhere on this site) for 1.5 man yen(avoid the hiphop gangsta shop attendants and head striaght for the last year's gear section, typically it'll be hidden away sumwhere hard to find. I remember seeing alot of women's stuff there last time i was there.U can also go across road to f-junk (i think that's what it's called) - there's last year's sims pants for 1.2 man. super baggy if u like that sorta thing.

Not sure u can get decent pants for any cheaper than that in japan. hope all this helps anyway.

l8r sk8r

I was checking out a Quicksilver jacket this year. At first I was like "Quicksilver?!" but it actually seemed pretty well made. I think they have dramatically improved their line this year.

This is not an endorsement as I only tried it on.

Last season I used Quiksilver and Burton pants and to be honest, there's not much difference. Never got a wet butt in either!!

I picked up the Quiksilvers last year at Xebio in Nagano and they'D been reduced from 25,000yen to 8,000.

The only thing is that they're a little bulkier, but I guess they make lightweight pants too.

Like Dokumanju says, the most important thing is the waterproof rating.

Just like to say that I picked up a pair of brand new Oakley 2.0 pants from 2000 sytle for 10,000yen. Don't really need them but Oakley make good sutff(generally over priced though) and I thought wha the hell.

They are 10K+ water proof with lots of fleeced lined pockets and an fleeced lined butt, but they are not lined like my Oakley Flak Pants so will work well for them warm days.

This has got nothign to do with your question, but I thought I would skite \:D It really is amazing what you can find when you are not looking for it.

i used ta have a pair of quikky pants that were awesome!

it`s not so much tha brand, it`s tha material they use. quikky use Entrant which is one of if not the best. i`m currently riding Gore-tex and love them too.

don`t choose brand for brands sake, choose material for comforts sake, for #$%&s sake!

just a thought.