Happo is one of the best mountain resorts in Japan. No doubt about it. It has the potential to be won of the best resorts in the world. But they have many problems.

1.The lifts don't go to the top of the mountain.

2.They offer no season pass.

3. Why not, as a previous reader has suggested, link Happo and 47 with Goryu. Imagine that.

4. Ski patrol problems, how many guys have lost there day pass at Happo for going out of bounds. Management problem.

But hey Happo rocks.

I'm going to Nozawa this coming weekend anybody going there?

Sean

I went to Happo last week, and although there were no moguls there then, I saw a new pamphlet they had prepared that featured a shot of one of the runs that was a sea of moguls. The photo was just a pattern of bumps, long and wide. If lots of Happo gets like that, and there's every reason to suppose it does, it's not somewhere I'll want to go to much.

If they also have a hassly patrol, that would make it a nightmare.

I haven't made up my mind about Happo yet, but I think there are probably other places more to my taste.

Little known fact there is a Happo seasons pass and it is only 22000 yen (NO Lie). My friend has one.

Its good for Myoko, shiga kogen, areas Zao and some other areas. But here is the catch there is only 600 or so tickets. I can find out where he bought if you really want.

Ocean that run is rabbit the longest steepest mogul run in the area. Dont worry there are penty of other areas to ride. If you want to get caught by patrol dont ride that nice looking pow field right across from their patrol shack. If you do dont stop and tuck it to the bottom.

That cheap pass for those mountains was selected by lottery. You had to fill out a form online and then if you were one of the lucky 600 then you could get the cheap pass. There was another one for ALL the resorts in Nagano too, same kind of deal. Sadly I didnt get chosen \:\( so have just forked out for my pass, ouch. I think thats the same deal as your mate, if not hook me up!