Ok the time has come for me to bite the bullet and get me some fatties for the insane powder that just keeps coming down in Nagano. So can anyone offer me any advice on any good makes, things to look for, anything really.

cheers

Be warned you should try fat first!

Once you go fat you will never go back, so make sure you get the right thing!

Sally's PR's are very soft and wide.

Rossi's XXX's are fat and stiff.

Nordica's The Beast is just that. Fat and beasty.

Mothership I understand to be soft also, but I think it is the fattest in the fats.

Me, I stick with my fat twins; Pocket & Rocket. Best curves I haev seen in a long time \:D

Fat skis are just that - fatter than your normal ski (that is, wider) which makes them good for powder. \:D

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the new Salomon 1080s are like? They are starting to look a bit like pocket rockets and I'm curious to know what they are like on and off piste. \:\)

my advice is to drill ski-binding holes into 2 snowboards and just step-on-in !

I mean hey, you wouldn`t have to buy new bindings, and think how floaty you could be !

Off to Hakuba tomorrow - have fun at the Noz.

If you like ski Volkl are stiff a little difficult when not sking hard stuff.

Salomon pocket rockets soft light and allow for versitlity out of the soft stuff. Line about the same.

Rossi skis are desent soft durible but the scratch BC are mounted center for more jib still but Im sure they ride well

Atomic there are too many choices but they make bomber skis.

Ficher big sticks stay away from the biggest one its made with Alaska and Europe in mind and we are not there. Same with the new Volants Youll be down the mountain in 4 turns no fun here.

K2 good skis new fattwin line too.

IF you dont want twins I think the best over all is Rossi Bandit xxx soft enough to ski the groomed at the end of the day.

basic question but what when youre in the powder what are the pros and cons of stiff vs softer skis? And Im 168cm tall so what kind of length should I be looking at?

As for curves mogski you havent seen mine yet :p

About a 170 to 180 would be fine depends on how agresive you are faster a little longer. the stiffer the ski the harder to flex if you cant flex the ski you cant turn it. softer gives you a little forgiveness. Stay away from Volkl cause you have never ski them. Go with the rossi bandit best choice 170 is fine I think