Bringing a helmet is always a good idea.

I don't really know how you'd teach anybody to ride in powder. "Go fairly fast and don't fall over. And when you're going fast, don't dig your front end in" That's about all there is to say.

I've skied powder in Niseko, once (my only time ever - so far). Lots of face plants but the idea seemed to be to turn with your weight more or less on both feet as opposed to weighting one foot and not to try and make sudden movements (twists, etc) cos everything seems to go in slow motion including your movements and your speed.

Of course there's more to it, but that's about as far as I got. If you're renting skis maybe you can swap what you have for fat powder skis on days you want to ski powder. I'm sure all the forum experts here will agree that it's easier to ski powder on the fat skis... (can't wait to try that out this year!)

Have fun.

Approximately how much is it to rent powder ski's in Japan and how much are skiing lesson's in Japan?

Just want to budget myself for 2 weeks. Could anyone give me advice as to how much i would approximately be spending for the 2 weeks from their own experience \:\) ??

rena-bena...

2 weeks...are you a beginner?? if not, then don't waist your time on lessons...seriously...

niseko has so many places to ski powder from slight pitch to steeper stuff...just hop in and give it a go...I guarantee that if you can make parallel turns at a decent speed on a groomed run you will figure out how to ski in powder after a few goes...its just a matter of getting your bearings straight...

have fun!

danz

If you're still wanting tips, try the Breakthrough on Skis II powder skiing video and/or book by LitoTejade-Flores (don't know if you can get the video in PAL, but if you have a laptop with a DVD player it's also out on DVD).

Breakthrough On Skis

Or try Harold Harb's book on powder skiing.

harbskisystems , though Lito's stuff might be easier to follow, a little less technical.

Lito's videos are great.

There's probably other great stuff out there too.

Check out the reviews on amazon.com.

Powder generally = trees and most ski instructors would get hung drawn and quatered for taking a client in the trees. Remember to stand on both feet evenly not just your outside ski like normal or that one foot will sink. Dont try and jump up, push down like a trampolene.