Having stupidly not checked how much money I had on me before having a few too many post-Granview celebratory beers last night and then taking a taxi to Echigo-Yuzawa station this morning, I'm now on the (thankfully free) shuttle bus to Maiko with the grand total of 617Yen in my wallet! Hopefully they take Visa at the ticket booth and the lockers are cheap ;-)

If you have a problem, Mick, let us know and either myself of Andrew will come help you out...

& that's why I love this site!! Thanks David, I'm sure I'll survive and if the worst comes to the worst, I'll eat my cheese ;-)

Update: they accept visa AND I could remember my pin number!! Big lockers cost 600Yen so I took the only sensible, rational if not honourable course of action open to me - I've 'hidden' my board bag and still have 617Yen for lunch ;-)

Right, enough chit-chat, it's time to ride - let's Maiko!!

The top Okusoeji bowl area should be very good today. Head straight up there!

Which lift(s) do I need for that? Am now on the gondy!

The Gondola takes you up there. (There's also a quad lift that gets you up there). Anyhows, get off the gondola and that is the Okusoeji area. There's a quad lift and a pair lift up there and they service that bit of the resort. I'd head for the quad, there's a few ways down. Should be lots of untouched areas to play in today.

Absolutely - that is just a road back to the gondola.

But: there's lots of fun to be had coming down from Okusoeji towards the gondola, and using the Nagamine 2 quad lift to get back up to Okusoeji. So basically the area that the Nagamine 2 quad spans.

Be glad you aren't up at Kagura

みつまたステーション側は「みつまたロープウェー~かぐら第1ロマンスリフト

Mitsumata Ropeway > Kagura No1 lift open only.

Also, don't bother with the Maiko side of the resort unless you feel the need to hit some kickers. The Okusoeji and Nagamine is where the fun is.

The far right triple lift and the area to the right of the lift are fun over in the 'Maiko area'. Worth a look I think if you want some variation.

Apart from that, that part of the resort is very much beginners territory, and as you said kickers.

I am!! You you can't see me???

Great snow out there, though would prefer to see it as well as feel it!! It was better in the trees, though wind gusts would occasionally blow off the new snow from the branches causing a temporary white-out!! All good fun though :-)

Right, onwards and upwards:-

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/23848-kagura-quandary/

As you well know Muika, nothing can match Granview but what can you do?

I'll post a proper review when I get back on a pc but everyone was right about where the good bits were at Maiko, so thanks for the heads up! Sadly those bits also had the worst vis but it was still fun out there today. Muika was also right about the Nagamine area - I did a couple of laps straight-lining the zig-zag course though did get a bit bogged down in the trees! The gondola also stopped running due to the wind, not that I used it after the first run up ;-)

Oh, and my board bag remained hidden until my return, so I celebrated with a 400Yen hot dog and a 150Yen coffee, leaving me 67Yen left towards tonight's first beer, now consumed following a visit to the ATM :-) カンパイ‼

Thanks again guys!

To tie this one up, here are a few photos and my review! :thumbsup:

1. View from Lift B, Okusoeji Area.

mick%20rich_313.jpg

2. "View" of the Gungun Course.

mick%20rich_315.jpg

3. Thunderbirds are go!

mick%20rich_314.jpg

4. Better visibility in the Okusoeji trees.

mick%20rich_316.jpg

5. View of the Okusoeji Area from the top of the Zokuzoku Course. The (closed) Skydome restaurant is on the right.

mick%20rich_317.jpg

6. Weekday shuttle bus schedule (2013/14) from Echigo-Yuzawa station to the resort and back.

mick%20rich_319.jpg

7. Weekend & holiday shuttle bus schedule (2013/14) from Echigo-Yuzawa station to the resort and back.

mick%20rich_320.jpg

& here's the review link:- http://www.snowjapan...ews/detail/2030

Thanks,

Mick