the interesting point for people is that apples are cheap at home and crazy expensive here......so maybe you can take a pic of ur shaken but since its probably just as expensive at home then it has no interest value

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Inspired by the movies and goz who has helped answer tons of my questions, I decided to tick another off the bucketlist and spend this season living in this Toyota bB.                 T

You must be one fit mofo right about now mate!

decided to check out the famous ramen alley for dinner.

20140117_204455_zps6rcldj0h.jpg

20140117_204516_zpsmojnl8o6.jpg20140117_205806_zpst4qgs7ed.jpg

Ramen alley isn't all that.....better ramen places on Tanuki koji shopping street. TK1 has a great char shu ramen, another fave ramen shop is about kita 1 Nishi 1....called Kura

thanks for the tips. im not really a foodie but i realise ramen alley would be a bit of a tourist trap, but had to go anyway. i will check those other places out for sure next time.

Why do people who visit Japan always seem to take photographs of apples?

:confused:

Cos they are mental expensive

Curious. Personally I don't go round taking photos of things that are expensive.

Perhaps I'll take a photo of my shaken form and see if it's interesting.

;)

if your shaken was a million yen then yeah, itd be pretty interesting to me.

its probably normal to you, but for tons of people like me its pretty crazy an apple could cost 20x as much as it would cost at anywhere else.

discovered this little gem while driving around the shiretoko peninsula. the views were incredible.

i cant find any information on the place, it doesnt seem to be listed no sj?

Nice thread OzSB. You've definitely been getting around. I take it this part of the trip more for the sight seeing then the snow?

How long was the drive out to Shiretoko from say Tomamu or Sapporo? And was the sea ice worth it?

yes my gf flies home friday so the shredding will resume.

i did the drive to shiretoko from obihiro and id say it was about 4-5 hours stopping every now and then. we didnt actually see much sea ice, well the big chunks anyway, we saw small ice, but id say its definitely worth going out there, its been my favourite part of hokkaido fwiw

ozsnowbum, going to some interesting places nice pics too.

Could you perhaps upload your photos of skijo to the main site here?

You seem to be going to lots of small places that don't get much (or any) coverage.

It would be great to have them on the main site linked in with the skijo.

bit of a solo mission today. summited mount pon, snow was great, about 20cm or so.

the weather is going to be pretty brutal the next few days so theres no chance of summiting rishiri, the plan is to play around at 800metres on the north face