I would never stray off the path here as well. It's laws on these things are just so silly and I'm sure in 50 years they will be looked back upon like we look at the prohibition years. But, until it's cool with the man...I'll refrain.

No, my life isn't worse off at all. I don't think it would be better off if I was still into popping pills either tho. I just feel that that time in my life has passed......I'm 33 now and it doesn't appeal to me as much as when I was 19-20. The risks if were caught certainly have a much greater impact. In fact when I first moved to Japan 11 years ago I was already "worn out" with the whole scene back home. I'd stopped taking E every weekend and I was never really a fan of the marching powder. I had a few years enjoying it and at that time I'd had enough. What saddens me is that some of my mates have been into it the whole time, but they start hanging out with a younger and younger group as our old crew start to move away from the scene as well.

Honestly....I don't see that as much of an issue here in Japan T-Bird2. Your question should be.... Why can't cyclists and people walking on the sidewalks get along better?? Every bike that passes me on the sidewalk I feel like clothes lining em...