Fridges (and other large things) into the house

Wow. Thats incredible. If there is no way around the double fee you should tell them that you want the fridge and tv delivered at separate times, like one in the morning and the other in the evening. That way they have to go and come back. If they say it's impossible just let them know that that's how things are done in your country.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reason is because the refrigerant gets a bit agitated during moving, may froth up and cause damage to the pump etc. Leave it 4-6 hours so the refrigerant can settle, and the pump do its work.

Sounds like you may have got one of Chriselle's co-workers there!

yeah and then when they get there, tell them that the window could only be open during the morning to allow access and that they'll have to pay an opening after hours fee to get the item into your house....suck your teeth and say "musukashii" a few times, and then thats how its done in your country

Wow. Thats incredible. If there is no way around the double fee you should tell them that you want the fridge and tv delivered at separate times, like one in the morning and the other in the evening. That way they have to go and come back. If they say it's impossible just let them know that that's how things are done in your country.

That's actually what I thought of doing.

Knowing the scewed up 'logic' that sometimes goes on, I can actually see them happily doing that though! :lol:

But seriously, I have been prepared for the cost of the crane from the beginning.

But not double cost for 2 items.

Oh no. I'm not going to budge on that, it's just ridiculous.

How long will it take for them to bring up one more item? 5 minutes?

I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck with it. I quite like BM's idea of getting them to do two journeys if they won't budge.

If you can't get the tv in, I guess a lot of your furniture is going to need craning in as well.

OK actually met the crane guy today.

Seems K's guy was just causing an unnecessary fuss really.

Just the one price, no added for extra 'items'.

He said they usually 'arigatai' if there is extra cost for +1s, but this time not needed.

K's guy might have warned him! :lol:

Still not cheap, but no other way to get the things in.

Phew!

My missus probably would.......she's not good at questioning "authority".....just accepts it as the way it is, which winds me up no end....although she is getting better. She recently put up a sterling effort at rebuffing thieving Jetstar policies until I had to come on a finish the job

We've talked about this before I think Tubby....but no,, my wife is so good at getting a deal she'd have the crane fee nixed. That still wouldn't make her happy though. Whenever she starts dealing she orders me to "go somewhere else" as I often feel the need to jump in to rescue the poor salesman... :lol:

Well, Chriselle, it's easy to say that. And I'm sure she is great at deals. I am pretty handy at getting deals myself.

But in this particular case, the crane is a completely different company from K's Denki. They're not going to do it for the laughs just to help me get my fridge into my house.

Haha...well,,, I'm typing...You're doing!! ;)

Seriously though for a minute, you probably just dropped the better part of a million yen and they can't arrange to have it delivered to you....I guess that was my point. What percent is the cost of delivery compared to your total bill....a few percent...?? Not good enough on K's Denki's end.

on a similar note...

We just bought 5 new aircons. The price includes free installation.

So yesterday the guy shows up and wants an extra 96,000yen surcharge because the installation is not a basic one. I mean they have to use ladders and have change a couple of sockets!

I understand that a little surcharge might be in order but another 10man is not what i and my wallet were expecting.

Seriously though for a minute, you probably just dropped the better part of a million yen and they can't arrange to have it delivered to you....I guess that was my point. What percent is the cost of delivery compared to your total bill....a few percent...?? Not good enough on K's Denki's end.

They did arrange delivery.

Delivery has always been free and never an issue.

And they were right down to the bone on my price point as well, I managed to carve huge chunks out of their original pricing.

They did great on price, actually beating the cheapest on rakuten for a few things, including long term insurance.

Absolutely no complaints there.

They did arrange delivery.

Delivery has always been free and never an issue.

And they were right down to the bone on my price point as well, I managed to carve huge chunks out of their original pricing.

They did great on price, actually beating the cheapest on rakuten for a few things, including long term insurance.

Absolutely no complaints there.

Well, huge chunks of savings off the initial price certainly trumps a few man for some crane work then I guess...

Also, and its seldom mentioned...but, great sales staff making the whole experience a pleasure trumps those final few percentages of cost savings. I think that's where my wife and I differ to be honest.

A number of years ago I bought a brand Nissan Caravan high roof van. My wife had the deal down and we were just about to sign the papers. The sales guy was ok but he had this salesgirl with him that I never got a good vibe from. The girl just seemed to want to get the deal done ASAP and was pushing the papers on me while I was still thinking about a few options. One final push by the girl and I said F' it.....lets go and I got up left. I told the guy why I was leaving...... and went down the road to the next dealership and found a wonderful salesman. I spent $30k on that truck and another $15k on my wife's car and still have a good relationship with that salesman. Tough lesson for the pushy chic I like to think.....although I doubt it really mattered in reality.

A number of years ago I bought a brand Nissan Caravan high roof van.

[...]

Last time I walked into a Nissan dealership was back before the Renault merger, and it was like we were interrupting their afternoon nap or something. Really didn't get the feeling they cared if anyone bought a car or not. Haven't been back to find out if things have changed since.

A number of years ago I bought a brand Nissan Caravan high roof van.

[...]

Last time I walked into a Nissan dealership was back before the Renault merger, and it was like we were interrupting their afternoon nap or something. Really didn't get the feeling they cared if anyone bought a car or not. Haven't been back to find out if things have changed since.

Well, my wife picked up on the fact that we were buying near the end of the month and the sales girl was just a little too genki to get in that last commission. The guy we have now has been wonderful and really has gone way above and beyond.....I mean seriously amazing service. So, I can't really say anything negative about Nissan with Nozawa-san handling our accounts.

...but, great sales staff making the whole experience a pleasure trumps those final few percentages of cost savings.

I like that too. An annoying sales person doesn't help.

K's guy has been very good. Panic guessing about the crane cost aside.

So I'll let him off!

:)