• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It most certainly did.

Pics will be forthcoming but a bit back logged.

I'm not fannying about with the pies and beer. :grandpa:

But I'm unfortunatrly faffing about a bit with a camera.

Quite warm and humid here - not Tokyo style but then again we don't generally have aircon in England.

Anyway, Stella Artois Cidre Pear. Lovely refreshing drink. "Hand picked pears". I just hope they are human hands and not some evil robot.... does not specify on label which is mightily suspicious.

At the risk of posting almost identical pics every summer.....

but this is my favourite chippy meal and always the one I go to first back here. No faffing about.

vq5vea.jpg

Can't see the pie there really can you. Oh well. I was hungry so no fannying about with photos.

And some beer my dad had in. I'll get some Caffreys tomorrow I think. Brother will be around from tomorrow as well so some pub visiting to be done in the coming week. :)

21ngsrc.jpg

Sorry Pies, I failed in my promise to bring back pics of the gluttonous Yank portion size.....I blame the lack of Abenomics in the USA and the fact that the portion sizes were so big, I put on so much weight that I couldn't put my hands in my pockets and reach my phone camera!! :doh:

I drank some really nice and powerful microbrews whilst in the land of plenty....most of them were 6% and over, which really blew a beaver's head off!! I drank some apt named beers.....arrogant bastard (very nice), mongo and strangely enough Bellhaven Scottish Stout (not a microbrew). Drank a lot of IPA's.

American lager is crud.