The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

Moyes says that he left Everton in a good condition.

Yeah, sort of.

They're in a better conditions than United. (Sort of).

:doh:

To be honest though it seems that the additions and loans are really working out for us. Without Lukaku I think we'd be at mid-table at best. Deulofeu and Barry are doing well as well.

Shocking really how Man United have suddenly dropped like this and it doesn't really seem to be a blip. The blip was them getting a run of results. Going to be interesting to see if/how long Moyes lasts if it continues.

Newcastle next isn't it?

No Rooney on Saturday because he's suspended. So any backlash won't be from him. I still think we'll lose, mainly for Pardew-related reasons.

Staying with Man U, but on current form they won't get 60 points. To get 80 points and retain the title, they'd have to win 19 or 20 games out of the remaining 24.

A dodgy website called "football org in" with no spaces lets you watch lots of football online, in case anyone is interested. Last nights MOTD is up already.

I think this season might see the lowest number of points of a team winning the league.

Many of the teams are and probably will keep dropping points.

I reckon it will be mighty close.

No Rooney on Saturday because he's suspended. So any backlash won't be from him. I still think we'll lose, mainly for Pardew-related reasons.

Staying with Man U, but on current form they won't get 60 points. To get 80 points and retain the title, they'd have to win 19 or 20 games out of the remaining 24.

A dodgy website called "football org in" with no spaces lets you watch lots of football online, in case anyone is interested. Last nights MOTD is up already.

Or you can download an app to ur browser called "HOLA" and that masks ur IP so that u can watch BBC iPlayer. It doesn't affect the speed of ur PC, like other more common IP maskers as it doesn't redirect you through a website first....it's built I to the toolbar. I do t know the technical what's and whys but it works

I think this season might see the lowest number of points of a team winning the league.

Many of the teams are and probably will keep dropping points.

I reckon it will be mighty close.

I think it will be close, esp for CL places, but I dunno about the lowest points total ever. Usually as injuries and suspensions pile up, the more established teams with their bigger squads pull away. Their bench and reserves are much better than everyone else's.

The MOTD highlights were garbage. Everton were much more in the match than those highlights made it appear. McCarthy and Barry completely owned the midfield for the entire game. Honestly, with the exception of a few scrambles around the Everton net (maybe 10-15 minutes total), we were in control of that match.

This weekend on Skyperfect

Saturday night

9:45pm

Man Utd vs Newcastle

12am

Liverpool vs West Ham

Southampton vs Man City

2:30am

Sunderland vs Spurs

Stoke vs Chelsea

Sunday night

1am

Arsenal vs Everton

I was going to post my in depth analysis of the Japan World Cup group last night, before the draw.

Anyway, here it is:

Japan have landed in the strongest most dangerous group of the World Cup by far.

Tons of great big huge gaijin, putting the Japanese at a real disadvantage.

They will surely have to gambaru yamato damashi as much as is humanly possible to get anywhere at all. Gambaro Nippon!

Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia.

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy.

Group E : Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras.

Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Iran, Nigeria.

Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA.

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea.