I'm new here and this is my first winter in Japan. Next week I'm off out to Nagano for the first time. I've been skiing and boarding for the best part of 10 years.

I was just wondering - are the 'general public' here in Japan generally skilled or what? I'm looking forward to it and don't quite know what to expect on so many levels.

It should be fun!

Theres a group of Japanese dudes I see quite often at Dynaland - they are soooo cool. Good to watch them. They seem to be there every time I am - about 5 of them together playing the best of the bunch,

i'm sure it's the same as everywhere else, except scandanavia, where everyone is a freakin' pro,

the season passers at 47 are good, busting 540's off the big kickers in the park, the powder guys at nozawa are great, and have tons of fun in the off-course stuff all day long,

and the girlies i have seen everywhere are amazing, better than the guys, a guy will bust a 360 off a jump and the girl who follows him will go 720.

but i think japanese girls are superior than their male counterparts in every way.

and . . . uuuh . . . yeah.

I love it.