• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ippy...I made a batch of Aberdeen butteries a month or 2 back.....damn they were good!!

Soda scones? Never heard of them....look like Irish Farls. Better off with tattie scones, dead easy to make and best with a cooked breakfast

jesus, i havent eaten a buttery since back in the day! i forgot they even existed! Speaking of scottish awesome cuisine, the bakery near my house does a near decent job at making yum-yums. Ah, i used to burn my lunch money on them (and these weird american football cards/helmets when it was a really big deal on channel 4 in the late 80s).

got a great one for you guys

Coffee

Ingredients

Hot water

Coffee granules

1) Boil water

2) Into cup, add coffee granules

3) When water is boiled, add desired amount of water

4) Allow to cool for a bit, then drink.

Ippy...I made a batch of Aberdeen butteries a month or 2 back.....damn they were good!!

Soda scones? Never heard of them....look like Irish Farls. Better off with tattie scones, dead easy to make and best with a cooked breakfast

jesus, i havent eaten a buttery since back in the day! i forgot they even existed! Speaking of scottish awesome cuisine, the bakery near my house does a near decent job at making yum-yums. Ah, i used to burn my lunch money on them (and these weird american football cards/helmets when it was a really big deal on channel 4 in the late 80s).

I love yum yum's as well....there are a couple of places near me that also do yum-yum like pastries. I miss Sow's Lugs as well....kinda heart shaped pastry with white icing on. Again I've seen similar pastries here, but sugar instead of icing and they tend to be bite sized

I have never seen anything so extraordinary: Two Scotsman talking about food without a single reference to whisky or meths.

Its not as extrardinary as you think. Pretty much every food stuff we've mentioned is guaranteed to clog your arteries. And since thats pretty muhc the number one killer in scotland we honestly couldnt be more scottish if we were talking about links, lorne sausage, and tam o shanter.

We have neglected a very important step in this recipe book.

Boiled Water

This fine art is intrinsic and foremost in culinary arts.

Ingredients

Water, preferably clean.

Method 1

1. Pour water into pan and turn on power source to high

2. When bubbles appear in liquid vigorously, the water is boiling

3. Turn off power source.

4. Serve boiled water as and when needed.

Method 2

1. Pour water into electric kettle

2. Turn switch to "on"

3. When switch automatically jumps to "off" water is ready for serving

4. Serve boiled water as and when needed.

Following on from the noodle theme, I came across this modern invention:

Cup Noodles

new-cup-noodle-package.jpg

Method

1. Peel off foil top halfway

2. Use one of the genius above methods to boil water or create one of your own

3. Pour hot boiled water into cup up to the "fill water" mark. Do not exceed this mark as warranty would be void.

4. Wait 5 minutes. Wait another 2 minutes. Peel off top completely.

5. Eat with fork or chopsticks. Do not use fingers as it may still be too hot to handle

My 'Cheesy Baked Beans' one is good.

Warm up your beans and put in some grated cheese, preferably mature cheddar.

Mix until it's all cheesy, and then eat. Maybe on some toast but that's complicating matters somewhat.

You have to buy eggs.....these come from inside chickens apparently but mines came from a plastic container in the supermarket. Choose 2 of them, crack them into a bowl and discard the outer shell (very important!). Add some pepper n salt and a splash of milk (or cream if u r proper posh) and mix together until a consistent yellow colour. Heat your pan and pour egg mixture onto pan, using a wooden spatula, push egg mixture around the pan as it cooks.....this is the scrambled part!! When non-liquidy, take off heat and serve to plate

This recipe goes well with toast (see Thursdays recipe) and cheesy beans (see recipe above)

My 'Cheesy Baked Beans' one is good.

Warm up your beans and put in some grated cheese, preferably mature cheddar.

Mix until it's all cheesy, and then eat. Maybe on some toast but that's complicating matters somewhat.

Which direction do you mix in? Clockwise or anti-clockwise?

OOps ... I stir my coffee clockwise - does that mean that I'm, really in the Northern Hemisphere (or maybe it means that "I'm turning Japanese!")

Spam

This may take some stomaching, but if you persist, it may well be effort well wasted for a culinary treat.

Ingredients

Can of spam. Proper spam, not th chicken spam variety

Method

1. Open tin with supplied key or own can opener

2. Ease the "meat" or more like "stuff" out of the can onto a plate

3. Cut into slices with a knife

4. Using a fork, take one slice at a time and bite and then chew and then try to swallow. Continue to do so until you feel cannot continue but preferably before you throw up.

Boiled Egg

Use boiled water recipe above.

When water is boiled:

Method

1.. put egg(s) in boiling water

2. put lid on

3. depending on salmonella tolerance, remove egg afterer 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8, or nine minutes. *assuming oneknows how to count minutes.

4. place eggs into iced water. Important. This allows for wasy peeling.

5. after 3 minutes in iced water, remove, break shell and put into mouth.

5. after 3 minutes in iced water, remove, break shell and put into mouth.

So what does one do with the egg after putting the shell into one's mouth?

they're for thrown at passing Policeman, of course