I thought it might be nice to start a topic about Coupons for resorts. I'm not the richest person in the world and am always looking for deals.

There is one on the Houdaigi website that makes your day pass 100 yen cheaper and you get a 1,000 yen meal ticket. Pretty good.

There is also one for Tenjindaira which is a simple 500 yen discount.

It's probably not cool to post a whole bunch of links.

My advice is to look on the homepages for each resort. There are links to resorts on the SJ main site. They almost always have a coupon that will at least include lunch (クーポン)... or a day trip package that will include lunch, onsen or rental (日帰り1日券パック). Usually, you will only find the discounts on the Japanese versions of the websites.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi there

This is one of those times that I have to be a 'spoilsport', sorry, but we aren't cool with lists of links.

It's not that we don't want you to use discount tickets, of course. As Black Mountain said you can find the websites of all resorts on our resort pages and there the vouchers can very often be found there, and also at local convenience stores.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/index.html

Failing that, I'm sure google will bring up some things for you.

Thanks.

Talking of discounts, and one that is probably not widely know is that Kiyosato offers discounts for using JAF card, and the discount increases the more you go. Now everytime I go my day ticket costs just 2250yen!

Hi there

This is one of those times that I have to be a 'spoilsport', sorry, but we aren't cool with lists of links.

It's not that we don't want you to use discount tickets, of course. As Black Mountain said you can find the websites of all resorts on our resort pages and there the vouchers can very often be found there, and also at local convenience stores.

http://www.snowjapan...orts/index.html

Failing that, I'm sure google will bring up some things for you.

Thanks.

Sorry about that. If the links are taken out and you just mention that you can get the deal off of the website is that OK?

• SnowJapan Admin

All the links you posted (apart from one commercial site) were resort websites.

They are all accessible from the resort pages on the website.

You can link to the resort page on our site if you like.

• SnowJapan Admin

Sorry about that.

Before someone self-combusts in utter outrage, again most coupons are available from the resort websites if you take a look. They can be found on the resort pages of the site.

Thanks.

interested in the one about Kiyosatsu snowdude- I`ve never heard of this resort - can you or anybody shed some light on its location ?

cheers

Sun Meadows, is in Kiyosato, it is right close to the Nagano border far northern part of Yamanashi.

It is only a small resort, but due to its high altitude 1600 metres base and 1900 metres top the snow tends to be light powder snow, and gets snow when other places get rain.

I have done a review on Sun meadows before and posted some pics, if you want to know more. Or you can ask me and I can tell you what you want to know.

Kiyosato is very cool in summer usually only maxing out at 25oC when Tokyo is hitting 38oC.

But in winter gets down to -25 and lower some nights with day time temps often not getting above -10oC.

I have been to Kiyosato in summer and needed to wear a coat!

Some of the locals call it a Honshu Hokkaido!

Yeah, and I wrote Muikamachi, ergo...it's a deal to Muikamachi, not including Hakkaisan -- which is, I think, what I wrote. Unless someone went in there and added something in a typeface that's invisible to my account, in which case I disclaim all responsibility. :lol:

Groupon offering an overnight stay/breakfast/liftpass deal to Muikamachi (not Hakkaisan) for 4k if anyone's interested.

ah, may have been for today only.

hmmm...this says: http://www.snowjapan...il.php?resid=19 :D

Yeah, and I wrote Muikamachi, ergo...it's a deal to Muikamachi, not including Hakkaisan -- which is, I think, what I wrote. Unless someone went in there and added something in a typeface that's invisible to my account, in which case I disclaim all responsibility. :lol:

Clearly, it's..... well, it's Muikamachi. But not Hakkaisan. But the link is to Muikamachi Hakkaisan.

Conclusion: haven't the foggiest!