• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

Honshu is bust and I cant go to hokkaido because I have my ast2 course in hakuba soon.

Yes we have season passes in nozawa, but if there was snow anywhere excluding hokkaido I would go. But there just isnt.

You must be exaggerating about only having 4 good days in a month though. I've had more than that is with only my new year trip and a couple of random weekends. Is the area you are in even known for it's epic snowfalls? I know it's been below average but there have been pretty good dumps in Myoko and Hakuba in the past month.

I can see myoko and hakuba from here, been to myoko and going to hakuba soon but what I say is true. Its just been a very poor season for snow, there isnt enough sugar in japan to sugar coat this story lol.

I can understand your disappointment goz especially when we had this winter forecast by a certain person on this site

This winter is looking like being extremely cold and in some areas extremely snowy.

So much promised and so little delivered.... :p

From the top jerry.

From the top of where in Iiyama?

And from such a distance, especially to Hakuba, what exactly can you tell? (Apart from almost nothing).

Do tell.

I have lived in Iiyama for quite a while so feel free to go into detail.

I can understand your disappointment goz especially when we had this winter forecast by a certain person on this site

This winter is looking like being extremely cold and in some areas extremely snowy.

So much promised and so little delivered.... :p

I based my whole trip off that prediction too lol.

A sh1t season is a sh1t season. I dont understand why guys like Iiyamadude here seem to go on the attack just cause I say theres no snow here.

Worse than average season so far, no doubt about it. No argument from me there.

But you simply can't tell what the snow conditions are like in Hakuba from Iiyama.

That's all.

It hardly bothers me if you dislike the area.

Iiyamadude, dude. I dont stand on a mountain top and check the snow in myoko and hakuba. Thats just silly and Im sure you have more intelligence than to think thats what I was doing. You just wanted to have a little heckle and now that you have I hope you feel better for it.

I have people I know, friends even, all around japan and we talk about conditions a lot. Thats how I know whats going on where and at the moment theres nothing going on anywhere. Its not like myoko and hakuba are getting 50cm a day and noz is missing out.

Fwiw we actually quite like Iiyama and its surrounds, lots of great restaurants and onsens. Its got everything we need except regular snowfall.

Ps if you want to see hakuba from Iiyama grab your splitboard and follow me. Ill show you around.

Wow you do sound like the expert! :thumbsup:

Even so, it still doesn't change the fact that if I followed you on my splitboard I wouldn't be able to tell what the conditions are like in Hakuba from anywhere in Iiyama.

:wave:

Shame you picked a bad year snow wise. We can only hope it gets better.

Why dont you come out for dinner one night with us then. Its easy to heckle from a computer screen, not so easy in person.

I think it would be character building for you.

Heckling?!

:confused:

I was simply commenting on your 'I can see Hakuba from here' and therefore know it's conditions comment, which seems pretty valid to me.

Seems to me you might be the one doing that.

Comments like that tell me that I don't think we'd get on particularly well, so no thanks.

Enough of this anyway!

I can understand your obvious increasing frustration with being lumped with a bit of a crappy season.

And I hope it improves, for us all.

Myoko had a 50cm dump on monday a 20cm dump on wednesday, the week before that was pretty much snowy the whole week. There is snow coming tuesday/wed. It hasnt been that bad. It is not like Hokkaido is off the hook as well,

I

Heckling?!

:confused:

I was simply commenting on your 'I can see Hakuba from here' and therefore know it's conditions comment, which seems pretty valid to me.

Seems to me you might be the one doing that.

Comments like that tell me that I don't think we'd get on particularly well, so no thanks.

Enough of this anyway!

I can understand your obvious increasing frustration with being lumped with a bit of a crappy season.

And I hope it improves, for us all.

I checked google earth yesterday. Seems legit.

Why dont you come out for dinner one night with us then. Its easy to heckle from a computer screen, not so easy in person.

What is it with Aussies wanting to front people up?!? It doesn't make u hard, makes u look a bit of an ass.

Didn't take u for one of em Goz

I think you took me the wrong way there tubs.

I honestly invited this guy who wants to hassle me out for dinner with my girlfriend and myself. Maybe if he accepted my offer and saw that I am a nice guy he would relax a bit and stop with the petty games.

I meet up with lots of people from this and other forums and yes I believe it it somewhat character building to do so.

The way I combat people that want to go me is by being nice to them, they usually dont know how to deal with that.

I am not a fighter, I dont even like niseko!

Still no snow btw lol.

Yesterday we went and watched a junior ski jumping competition. The kids were about 10-15 years old and somevwere jumping over 50m!

We were quite impressed.

20140202_095511_zps6d5fca62.jpg

20140202_095257_zps6969e2fd.jpg

20140202_095245_zps946fb115.jpg

20140202_095634_zps419466a3.jpg

I think you took me the wrong way there tubs.

I honestly invited this guy who wants to hassle me out for dinner with my girlfriend and myself. Maybe if he accepted my offer and saw that I am a nice guy he would relax a bit and stop with the petty games.

I meet up with lots of people from this and other forums and yes I believe it it somewhat character building to do so.

The way I combat people that want to go me is by being nice to them, they usually dont know how to deal with that.

I am not a fighter, I dont even like niseko!

Ah ok, sorry there :cheers:

Yeah no need for violence, much better to share a beer :D

I just spent 90 minutes skinning along the bank of the chikuma river. What a workout, feels great though.

The snow is large gained corn with a disturbing layer of nothing at the bottom of sun exposed terrain features.