So I made it to Hokkaido, rented a van and Im off for 6 weeks touring around folowing the white stuff. Ive started at my favourite haunt rusutsu (please dont go there its flat and no snow) lol.

Funnily enough hokkaido is going through a dry spell atm so there actually is no fresh snow so there arent a lot of pics and vids worth showing but here is one just so you can see the board I made in action.

Im going to take the splitboard up shiribetsu tomorrow as conditions are perfect for that.

I will be reporting in with pics and vids of my time in Hokkaido 2013, stay tuned.

http://youtu.be/Sx707SgNwTA

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate! Make sure you get that cam out on the deep days, your vids keep me going through the long aussie summer months as I count down my days till I leave for japan. I subscribe to your youtube

No prob mate. Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think. Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with

Will do. Im doing the Chitose dash today. Cant wait to get home actually.

good stuff dude, looked a bit chattery on the groomers, but your shadow seemed unphased by it. Was great looking in the slightly deeper. Probably only a few ms out there by the looks of it, but still looked smooooth at that point. Good work, whats your first impressions like?

First impressions are it handles better than any of my other boards which I totally wasnt expecting, Im amazed how hard I can hook on it. As for chattery thats going as fast as I can on chopped up snow, shits gonna chatter. Some carbon or increasing the core thickness at the nose would stop it but it really doesnt worry me at all when Im riding.

yeah as i say, you seemed unphased by it (no balance corrections or trying to keep the board on its line). Looking sweet so far, looking forward to a deep pow ride next :)

I think when you have that much board out in front of your front foot the board will always tend to chatter more. Remember its probably 350mm longer than most boards out there, thats a lot more to cantilever. There is no movement happening on the effective edge at all.

If it was a nice van woud be ok for a few days at a time and then maybe stay at a pension ! ?

Could be a good/ economic way to get around to different resorts/ places ! ?

For a solo trip.

Hit up shiribetsu dake today, was a good run apart from my snapped LT bracket and the ice on the lens lol. Lots of surface hoar has formed and it very prominent in the shady aspects, this will be worth paying attention to once the new snow arrives

Well today was absolute BLOWER pow wow. Rode with Seemore, Mark, Sally and Sarah. All my footage is just white screens lol. Spent the whole day just big gun charging blowing powder all over myself lol.

holy shit! i thought you were in an RV or something. How the hell do you live in that? Explain this car danchi concept. Modern mobile home i get, but freezing cold tiny space with shit loads of stuff pissing you off and nowhere to just chill out for SIX WEEKS i cant even contemplate the misery. How the hell you finding it? You must have the consitution of a troll with a plus ten axe of regeneration (or if youre mass effect inclined - a **** off massive krogan with first aid 5 armoring).

Ive got no fking ideaabout most of what you just said but a hotel lobby, a bar and a restaurant can be very good ways to spend an evening. I just dont pay for 6 weeks of accommodation meaning I can actually spend 6 weeks in Hokkaido instead of 2 like usual. Horses for courses mate. I can do this, most probably cant.

Ive got no fking ideaabout most of what you just said but a hotel lobby, a bar and a restaurant can be very good ways to spend an evening. I just dont pay for 6 weeks of accommodation meaning I can actually spend 6 weeks in Hokkaido instead of 2 like usual. Horses for courses mate. I can do this, most probably cant.

Too true. I CAN'T

Gozaimaas you are living my 2013 dream. This season I had hoped to do 4 weeks around Nagano on a similar trip but with some nights in hotels but are unable to due to work. Looking forward to reading how this goes for you and any additional info you can share around the long term hire car etc. Thanks for posting.

No prob mate.

Unfortunately I hypextended my ankle yesterday and its swollen up pretty bad today so I will be out of action for a few days I think.

Here are some snapshots from yesterday riding with seemore

First run of the day

vlcsnap-2013-01-26-11h03m11s185_zps8fe8a2a3.png

And doing my best to spray him!

vlcsnap-2013-01-26-11h06m21s8_zps2bbf9d9a.png

vlcsnap-2013-01-26-11h06m37s193_zpsb0ac3bba.png

• Like 1