• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally made it home traveling in cattle class sucks 27 bloody hours.   I have attached a few pics and vids and will post a report later  

Yeah I was going to say ducking a rope and skiing directly under the lift......everything they ask you not to do. They are extremely good with allowing off-piste access at Rusutsu but just don't duck ropes or ski directly under lifts. There's no need to do it!!

Hey GN a serious question. Why is there an international dislike for riding under lifts? Depending on terrain seems to be one of the safest places as you have people passing over head who can spot an incident and notify patrol if need be. The only place its been a bit sus has been under Swinging Monkey where you could almost touch the chairs when riding that 1/2 pipe under it.

Hey GN a serious question. Why is there an international dislike for riding under lifts? Depending on terrain seems to be one of the safest places as you have people passing over head who can spot an incident and notify patrol if need be. The only place its been a bit sus has been under Swinging Monkey where you could almost touch the chairs when riding that 1/2 pipe under it.

1. "...you could almost touch the chairs..."

2. If the skier / boarder hurts themselves by hitting a lift tower, chair or by falling then the whole lift will need to be closed until the person is 'rescued'

Falling gear, falling people, falling chairs, low head height, hitting posts etc

1. "...you could almost touch the chairs..."

2. If the skier / boarder hurts themselves by hitting a lift tower, chair or by falling then the whole lift will need to be closed until the person is 'rescued'

Thanks Mike - the shutting of the lift is understandable. Yep under the Monkey it was low, too low.

Wow that looks like a great run to poach.

Or alternatively you can walk about 30 yards from the top of the gondola, strap in and traverse into the same run.

Yeah Mike

I worked that out the next day it is most probably better manners but the ski patrol didn't have an issue

This is the same run but traversing in Gozaimaas went straight and you have all seen his footage

Falling gear, falling people, falling chairs, low head height, hitting posts etc

I don't have a real issue with crossing under a lift line (although I usually glance up and time it between chairs) but God it freaks me out when people stop underneath lifts! I suggested a few people stop a little to the right, or a little to the left, MANY times in Tignes - could not believe how many people did it, especially considering how many people lost stuff from the lift ...I saw countless ski poles dropped, one kid kicked a ski off, and another dropped his helmet while he was making beanie adjustments with his helmet off.

Or alternatively you can walk about 30 yards from the top of the gondola, strap in and traverse into the same run.

Yeah Mike

I worked that out the next day it is most probably better manners but the ski patrol didn't have an issue

This is the same run but traversing in Gozaimaas went straight and you have all seen his footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cT_eQA4Lk&feature=youtu.be

That was one of the best moments to be riding a snowboard! Glad to have shared it with you.

How did you find the hovercraft compared to the fish?

I was wondering the exact same thing!

Hi guys I still have to get onto the Hovercraft report I think the Fish is a better powder board and is alot better in tighter areas and the Hovercraft is a better all mountain board you have fun riding either I will go into more detail once I have time

Yeah Mike

That was one of the best moments to be riding a snowboard! Glad to have shared it with you.

Cheers mate I will start planning next year soon I won't be going away in January again work load when I got home was horrific but early Feb will be the go again

How did you find the hovercraft compared to the fish?

I was wondering the exact same thing!

Hi guys I still have to get onto the Hovercraft report I think the Fish is a better powder board and is alot better in tighter areas and the Hovercraft is a better all mountain board you have fun riding either I will go into more detail once I have time

Cheers seemore :thumbsup:

Yeah Mike

Cheers mate I will start planning next year soon I won't be going away in January again work load when I got home was horrific but early Feb will be the go again

Feb has always been better for me actually. Ive done jan 20 twice now and been disappointed with the tail end of jan.