Yo

Can anyone tell me if they have used a luggage service from one of the major airports to their hotel in hakuba?

Just looking at prices for 2 snowboard bags, and if it is safe to do so, would be gutted if all my gear goes walkabout.

Cheers

they are fine. Japanese people use the takkyubin service loads. They are on time and I've never heard of any stuff being lost. Look for the black cat sign when you come through immigration.

Very little chance of gear going missing - we've used takkyubin 5 out of 7 trips, and never had a problem. We consign our gear from Tokyo to wherever we are going, and backpack around for a week or so, then turn up at the resort and the gear is there waiting!

Brilliant service! Most hotels are happy to hold stuff for their incoming guests.

Its awesome. When i hit up hakuba and Niseko last season, i just got off the plane, dropped off the bag and when 6 days later after playing in Tokyo we got to Hakuba and it was at the pension waiting. Then sent it from Hakuba to Niseko even though we werent going to be there for another week and again it was there waiting for us.

Such an awesome service and something other countries should try out...

Agree with all above.

We have sent snowboard bags and suitcases onward Narita to Niseko so we could get around with just carry on and one suitcase between 6 of us for 3 days. No problem, and so convenient!

Also sent a large bag full of food items brought from Aus and sent by black cat up to Niseko while we went to Hakuba.

Our son was in Niseko for 2 months and living on a shoestring, he had some items he wanted, and also a need for lactose free long life milk which he couldn't find. All arrive safely and intact, no spillage. Very awesome.

As everyone has said above, it's a great service and unlike many things here, is cheap as chips! I regularly send my snowboard bag from Kanagawa (SW of Tokyo) up to Hokkaido for about 2,000Yen. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I just did this this morning, sent my 174cm coffin bag chock full with my snowboard, boots, all my snowboard clothes plus an extra pair of regular boots and my off snow clothes, from Rusutsu to Kanagawa, 1900¥..getting delivered on the 31st

It's especially helpful if you are staying a night or two in Tokyo. Just takkyubin your stuff, rather than lugging unwieldy board bags and suitcases up/down stairs and on and off trains.

Saves your back also.

Hi ,

We used Takkybin from Tokyo Airport to send 4 Bags.2 ski bags with 4 sets of skis and 2 large bags with boots and clothes .Only cost about A$90.00.There are about 3 different companies all about the same price .We ended up sending the bags ahead with the company that could get them to our lodge in Wandano Hakuba 2 days later.No problems bags were in foyer of lodge when we got there. Fanatastic service.!!!used frrequently by Japanese and tourist as there is limited space on trains for luggage.Just make sure you have details of address and phone numbers of where you will be staying.

Good Luck