Just had 3 days in Niseko, must say that Niseko certainly is good, as good as legend has it? tough call to make. here are some points about the place.

* the Hirafu Trial map one of the worst out of scale pieces of kiddy drawn garbage I have ever seen, so misleading. For newbies check out the "Niseko Express" magazine and at the back is a real photo with superimposed lift lines. Its a million times better.

*the hike to the summit then the run technically out of bounds but allowed, down the big face then into the trees to the right of Hana 3 quad (as you are riding it) is awesome.

*Strawberries has wicked hits even after the pow is tracked, great natural jumps with soft landings, forget the concrete landings of the table tops.

*The weather is extremely iffy! wow never seen such drastic weather changes! when the weather is really bad further up the weather near bottom of Hanazono is sweet

*morons (not foreigners this time) strap in halfway up the hike to the top and ski under the ropes straight past ski patrol and ignore the patrollers whistles. friggin idiots!.

* Australians! geez the place is overflowing with Australians!!! heaps of families on holiday, but millions of Australians!

*Souvenirs shops are lame! full of Hello Kitty and cookies. No posters, T Shirts fleeces, stickers etc....come on people what gives!! weak weak weak.

The view on a clear day is worth it! wow Mt Yotei...sugoi! I found out Yotei means Sheeps Hoof! crappy name but what a mountain.

*Miharashidai Hutte has awesome food, expensive but fantastic lunch time food, real food no garbage KFC or Crap Ds good quality food.

Souvenirs shops are lame! full of Hello Kitty and cookies. No posters, T Shirts fleeces, stickers etc....come on people what gives!! weak weak weak.

....think you'll find that to be normal, kamoshika.

Every time I go to Hokkaido, I pick up some more (lavender) Hello Kitty stuff. My house is full of it. When friends come over they say "Your girlfriend likes Hello Kitty eh?" and I say "What girl friend? This stuff is mine!"

My favourite munchie though, is "Chocolate Truffles" by Hokufutei. They come in Chocolate and Strawberry flavour. The strawberry ones are are ultra-delicious.I don't see them around anywhere in Japan except at Chitose airport. All my friends want a box so I actually bring an extra bag and fill it up with these at Chitose airport before returning home each time.

I havent written here in a long time - not sure if thats because Ive been the magic of Niseko or working my ass off \:\)

Havent had too much snow here until the last 24 hours but its been puking here!! First tracks this morning were epic.

Been here almost two months and today was the best day yet - I hope youre enjoying the winter as much as I am. Sure am glad I dont have time to write here like I did before the season! (lol)

Bad things about niseko - hmmm - its hot and the snow is crap. You shouldnt come here, waste of time.................... :p