What's your favourite iPhone app?

So I've finally entered the 21st century and bought a smartphone, more specifically an iPhone 4S. It's still sat in it's box but as and when I start working out how to use it, what are your favourite apps and/or what apps would you recommend for a newbie?? Cheers! :thumbsup:

tunein radio is a good one.

[i mi wa?] is another good one....a Japanese dictionary!

Line and Skype are 2 good ones to have so's you don't have a phone bill

Stick Tennis is a great game

The Heist is another frustrating but addictive game

actually I don't have that many TBF

Soundhound - hold your phone next to the radio, tv, stereo etc and Soundhound will identify the song playing and the artist and the album name - well I know it works in English, don't know about other languages.

It is fricking amazingly accurate across all genre's and years

Get it - try it - thank me later

• 3 months later...

My most useful app for the 3gs I have is the phone app - really useful, it alloows you to talk to other people who are not in the same room as you! :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I use Morcombe's Australian Birds, and The Photographer's Ephemeris.

Does anyone know of or recommend a language interpreter app?

EG: you talk and the phone speaks what you say in a different language

There are a few of this type seemore but you have to be careful - most of them rack up costly o/s data charges and as you are usually overseas when you need it you will be paying big data bucks - unless you can ask the questions in a free wifi area (most unlikely)

For Japan there is an excellent translation app from "Coolgorilla" - there are heaps and heaps of words and phrases for most situations and they can be displayed in written Japanese & Romaji and spoken out loud on your speaker. No data charges.

I had previouly tried many others but this on is da bomb

Get it from itunes or android

My most useful app for the 3gs I have is the phone app - really useful, it alloows you to talk to other people who are not in the same room as you! :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I use Morcombe's Australian Birds, and The Photographer's Ephemeris.

Funny JA don't they have a train spotting one :)

Huh?? train spotting? Who does THAT? I fail a "Look for trains" signs, hardly EVER see one!

Huh?? train spotting? Who does THAT? I fail a "Look for trains" signs, hardly EVER see one!

Sorry mate thought you were into trains my mistake

If you've got a speaker dock, Shoutcast is pretty good for lazy music anywhere in the house.

We got a donut type old model JBL off US Amazon for about 6500 delivered to Japan. The sound is pretty good considering.

In Japan it was 16000.

With the Iphone 5, I suppose you'd be better off with a latest model dock with the new connector.

• 2 weeks later...

Soundhound - hold your phone next to the radio, tv, stereo etc and Soundhound will identify the song playing and the artist and the album name - well I know it works in English, don't know about other languages.

It is fricking amazingly accurate across all genre's and years

Get it - try it - thank me later

Shazam Is way better than soundhound, and its free