For car owners of course!

Do you wash your car?

I don't, never has. Rain does it. But I noticed when I was back home that it is almost a ritual the once a week car clean.

Can't see the point myself with the dusty roads.

Yes, the salty ocean air really does a number on anything metallic. I've always lived by the ocean and it really does make a difference giving the car a wash every other week or so (at least). I also give the undercarriage a good blast every time I come back from skiing as well. My LandCruiser is a '96 and has bit rust here and there in the usual spots so anything I can do to stop it from getting eaten away I will.

Also...I find washing my car somewhat therapeutic and I ALWAYS as a good omen,,, wash my car before a trip.

Edit....oh yes..hand washed and shammied afterwards. No wax though as it has a factory lifetime crystal coat.

Most definately I wash my car, first with a water brush, then bucket of warm soapy car shampoo and once I havd dried the car all off I wax it, or use a three month water coating polish in which case I just wash once a week and polish as required.

Hate having a dirty car especially as I bought my car brand new and it wasn't cheap.

Even our 4 yr old k-car gets washed and a god looking after.

I always hand wash my cars and will never use a car wash as the brushes on them our stiff, so they ruin the paint work by puting small scrathes on it.

If I goto a petrol garage that is not self service I wont een let then clean my windows, as they often use dirt clothes tat have dirt in them and wiping dry dirty windows scratches them.

Only exception is my old truck dont give a toss about that it is for work and covered in dents and scratches, as long as it runs which it does that will do.I think I wash that like once a year.

I get mine fully detailed about nice every 2 or 3 months - inside and out.

But I carry loads of messy kids around all the time, and it is a necessity. The professionals do a much better job of restoring it to habitable than I can. As for an external wash only - ONLY if I have gone country and it's covered in red dust, or I have parked it under a tree and it has been used as a bird toilet.

I only wash the car if we're going to the inlaws place and its super dirty. The main reason my clothes get dirty every time I touch it.

When I had an SUV with proper (chrome on steel?) bumpers, they ended up with massive holes in them from rust, so maybe a bit more love was needed there.

Holes in your bumper are not a problem for shaken, btw.

Don't usually wash the car unless it has 凍結防止剤 splattered all over it from driving on the winter highways.

In that case I might give it a 30-second spray with the garden hose. Interior gets dog hair and kid-snack crumbs

vacuumed out occasionally.

Washing the car at the weekend seems to be kind of a cultural tradition in England.

Well, in my area it is anyway.

Busy with other stuff? No fear, you'll still find the time to go out and wash the car!!

Find it quite funny actually.

It's just like a thing that people do at the weekend, I think.

My dad always seems to enjoy getting out there and washing the car. Doesn't sound much fun to me, but if that's what he enjoys!

Company car, yep, wash it occasionally, only after a trip through roadworks. The dirt is usually wet (actually, soaked would be a better description) and driving through that gets sticky sh#t all over the vehicle. +1 gets really annoyed at getting this crap on her trouser legs climbing in and out, so a wash is essential for domestic harmony.

Personal vehicle gets a wash when i drive it in the rain (or through deep puddles). It's a 4WD utility (small truck) so is a working vehicle and doesn't need to be kept pretty!