The FOOTBALL Thread (2012-2013)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Images coming in from Man Utd  

Breaking News!   Apparently, Robin Van Persie has failed a medical at Manchester United. He has a severely damaged back after carrying a full squad last season.

Yey.   Beer and snacks ready  

This weekend

Saturday

9:45

Everton vs Man City

Midnight

Swansea vs Arsenal

Southampton vs Liverpool

2:30am

Man Utd vs Reading

Sunday

12:00

Spurs vs Fulham

1am

Chelsea vs West Ham

Ref n linesmen had a shocker.....Miralles was onside when he had the goal chopped off and Fellatio was in the box when he hand balled it.....guess that evened things up tho. Great win for Everton

Michael Owen has announced that he will be retiring from football at the end of the season.

The former Liverpool, Real Madrid, Manchester United and England striker, who also played for Newcastle United and currently plays for Stoke City, released a statement on his website, announcing the decision, saying that he feels "now it is the right time to bring the curtain down on my career."

"It is with an immense amount of pride that I am announcing my intention to retire from Professional Football at the end of this season," read the statement from the 33-year-old. "Having progressed through the ranks at Liverpool to make my first team debut at 17, before embarking upon spells at Real Madrid, Newcastle United, Manchester United and Stoke City, not to mention representing my country on 89 occasions, I now feel it is the right time to bring the curtain down on my career.