its was great down at Oiso Long Beach yesterday for the hacienda festival.....beautiful weather. Pies......Hooky had his hand in the air....pretty ridiculous actually. More like your dad pretending to be a rock star than an actual rock star :lol:

Told you!

Thing is, his main (only) thing is his famous bass, right?

But, some other dude plays the bass lines for the most part while he 'sings' and puts his hand in the air.

:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upa2GKCb8rc

Comes across as a bitter old tosser these days, does old Hookie.

Glad you had fun!

We can always rely on the start of Golden Week for things to suddenly heat up.

Always seems that way anyway.

Very true. My daughter got sunstroke last year or the one before when her dance class did a performance at the local festival that's in Golden Week. A proper spring just doesn't seem to happen. It goes from the odd day with a max temp of say 17,18C straight to 26, 27C in the shade.

Peter Hook just seems to be cashing in on his name now. I don't begrudge him it, but I don't respect him for it either. Or for New Order really, since most of his basslines give the Pixies a run for their money in the play-it-with-one-finger stakes. Neither band was about the bassist. If I can add one more gripe/moan, I feel a bit sorry for young kids who idolize the Mancheser legend and don't have music of their own to get into.

Peter Hook just seems to be cashing in on his name now. I don't begrudge him it, but I don't respect him for it either. Or for New Order really, since most of his basslines give the Pixies a run for their money in the play-it-with-one-finger stakes. Neither band was about the bassist. If I can add one more gripe/moan, I feel a bit sorry for young kids who idolize the Mancheser legend and don't have music of their own to get into.

Just a bit more on Mr Hook. I don't know how much you guys have been following the war between him and NO.

Yes he seems to be very keen to cash in himself (Hacienda, Joy Division etc), but he does not seem to like the rest of New Order doing likewise. And he's very vocal about it and increasingly bitter too - but doesn't seem to see the inconsistencies in what he says and what he does.

Perhaps he thought he was New Order and can't accept that they will continue doing things under that name without him.

Oh yeah and he looks like an embarrassing uncle now. :lol: Not that that has anything to do it.

At least you guys get the cold and snowy winter and don't have to put with heat most of the year!