Mt Granview watch (or... the Japanese ski resort to watch for the 12/13 season)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's no doubt that Mt Granview is one of the Japanese ski resorts to watch in the run up to the 12/13 season.   After some epic days out this season by various members on here, including myself:

Well, I have been extremely busy working on some "concepts" for Mt Granview t-shirts.   After literally a few sleepless minutes of carefully thinking through the ideas and, indeed, throwing out some

Mt Granview doesn't need to stoop to such puff promotions.    

Yep, first time for me, hence the 2 week trip to Hokkaido to get myself up to speed! It also gives me more time to choose an appropriate cheese, something that can do the place justice. :D

Let me know when you are up Mick, might be able to make it myself.

Am tentatively thinking about a mid-week jaunt up there next week, subject to weather and a few work commitments. Will know more once I get back to civilisation this weekend, so will PM you then. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Do you really care, Mick, or are you just trying to appear trendy and cool? :confused:

Oooh, that hurts Muika! :naughty: Actually I was thinking that if I went to Naeba on Saturday I could make my way over to Mt G for a quick turn or 2 on the hallowed slopes. Care to join me if I do?? ;)

Just checking, just checking... ;)

You know how some people just like to piggyback onto the latest cool thing!

It was deffo open yesterday, though not sure how long they will continue...

Next weekend I'm up in Niigata so no go for me.

going to do it Mick? I might.

If I do a nightbus trip to Naeba and I can work out how to get from Naeba to the Big G, then yes, I'm up for it! :thumbsup: Could this be a last-minute SJ get-together?? :D

Get the shuttle bus from Naeba to Echigo Yuzawa Station.

Then you need to get to Mt Granview.

I would guess --- get the local Joetsu train line from Echigo Yuzawa Station to Ishiuchi Station (next stop) and Mt Granview is about 2km from there, so taxi?

It would surely be worth it though.

No doubt there will be some major "last day of season" events going on.

He JUST missed out on this years super sensation of Helicopter rides straight to Mt Granview-Ski field of Dreams. They were running a pick up service from anywhere in Kanto until today.......bad luck Mick

He JUST missed out on this years super sensation of Helicopter rides straight to Mt Granview-Ski field of Dreams. They were running a pick up service from anywhere in Kanto until today.......bad luck Mick

:doh:

• 4 weeks later...

Snow has dried up from most of Mt Granview now folks.

I'm also hearing from someone that there has been some graffiti painted onto the phone box and in a few other places in Yuzawa. Will be going later in the week to check it out.

• 1 month later...