I saw in the 90s music thread someone mentioned that a song was 'their karaoke song'.

So, what's yours?

Mine is Thriller. I do a fine impression.

Has karaoke popularity dropped in Japan of late? And do they have lots of English songs to choose from?

I have a lot :D

seriously...we have a professional karaoke system at home - hundreds of songs and all...

Haven't used it in about a year, but every now and then we go through a phase.

That phase usually involves lots of warmed sake, sushi and gyoza galore and one hell'uva party.

But PB and I sing a fairly cracking duet of 'The Rose'.

edited: I wish this stupid computer would stop changing my words!!

If I wanted to say involved I would, I wanted to say involves... gah!

Edited by Mamabear

Like MB I have many favourites that I try and get through everytime I go to Karaoke. Two that I always sing if available would be 'I want to break free' by Queen and 'Summer of '69' by Bryan Adams. My favourite karaoke place in Kutchan closed last year though which I was most upset about. It was cool little bar owned by the local Yakuza. I prefer a bar over a 'box' as I enjoy an audience ;)

that was me! mmm...mmm...mmm by the Crash Test Dummies is one if my stock karaoke songs. I absolutely suck at singing and actually haven't been to karaoke in ages, but when I'm there I get into the spirit and kill everyone else's hearing ability with my droning

Totally love karaoke. When I go out I like to stick to themes... here is a taste of my early 80's themed line up

ABC - The Look of Love

Modern English - I Melt With You

Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself

;)

Like MB I have many favourites that I try and get through everytime I go to Karaoke. Two that I always sing if available would be 'I want to break free' by Queen and 'Summer of '69' by Bryan Adams. My favourite karaoke place in Kutchan closed last year though which I was most upset about. It was cool little bar owned by the local Yakuza. I prefer a bar over a 'box' as I enjoy an audience ;)

Is that the place I hit up with you GN? I like having a bar more than a private room as well.