Anyone know of a good anti-histamine you can get over the counter? Ive just broken out in hives (turns out im allergic to something), My arms, legs and chest looks a bit of a mess. I went to the pharmacy and they tried first to give me a cream. I gestured that it was no good because its EVERYWHERE, so they gave me something else that i thought was medicine... turns out its just another stupid thing you rub on the localised area. This shit is clearly no good to me. I just want an antihistamine so ill stop scratching and irritating it. :) Anyone know of one?

Maybe better to visit your local doctor, I'm sure they can recommend something better. A lot of the over the counter drugs in Japan don't work well on us foreighners, not strong enough in a lot of cases.

i went to the doctors actually, but the receptionist gave me this annoying song and dance about it being "high cost". So i decided to screw it and just go to the pharmacy. I know what it is, i just need the drugs... anyways, 2nd trip, i learned the word for anti histamine, said it to the dude, he pulled out a cream and some pills. Grabbed the pills and here i am waiting for them to do their job. Its kinda nice, its like ive been bitten by a radioactive spider. Ive never seen my skin look so bananas. :) Its like ive been painting a wall with pink paint and loads of it splashed on my arms, back, legs and hands. Ill just keep popping the pills until it goes away. "_"

oooh, sorry dudes. It was just an allergic reaction. Got some pills at the chemist the same night and it cleared up perfectly by the morning (seriously, just cleared up like it was never there). It flared up again on sunday which makes me think it might be a bite from an insect or spider. Either way, the anti-histamines are doing a cracking job in stopping it annoying the crap out of me. :)