• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no no : it looks really good with my Rolex Daytona. Sod the autofocus.

Are your lenses full frame? If not, you'd be better off replacing them if you buy a full frame body. Shooting dx lenses on a full frame body is a waste, given the cost of full frame bodies. With Niko

Hey will you be selling your current on mb if you do buy this?

Don't know, might keep hold of it.

Looking forward to reading more on the 800 but I'm really getting into the idea. A bit perplexed about the 800 or 800E issue though.

You'd get a good price if you sell now. Nikon were hit hard by the Thai floods. The D7000 is over 10000 yen more than it was in the autumn. You could have bought one then and sold it s/h now for the same price, if not a couple of thousand yen more.

The d7000 is the one I'm kind of watching on Aucfan, a site that tells you the going rate on Yahoo Auctions. The price has gone up about 20% since the floods. Once production is up again, the s/h prices should come down below what they were. Nikon have dx lenses to shift, so its not as if they will constrain supply of dx bodies to keep the (retail) price high.

This new full-frame one looks like its going to be super popular, so I doubt you'll be cancelling that order! It could be a few months wait on order for folks who leave it till they're in the shop. That or full rrp from the few shops that have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest idea is to keep the D800 and 28-300 lens combo and not go with the D800E, which kind of seems a bit excessive for me.

Also keen to get the wide angle Nikkor 16-35mm.

Oh decisions decisions. Just a few weeks to make the final one!

It changes by the day but my latest thoughts are:

D800 body

Nikkor 16-35mm

Nikkor 24-70mm

Nikkor 70-300mm (I already have this one, yey)

That would give me a fine range.

I was going to go for the 28-300mm pack-in, but I think I'll give that a miss and go for the above. See how I get on.

Now, to find the money.

Thanks - love your name, Soo be doo!

Yes TB it's almost like it's free or something. Obviously it's not, but I've never really sold anything second hand before so it was a good surprise to be able to so easily and also get such a good price for them.

:)

Ah yes the 70-200mm VRII. A beast indeed.

I think I'd like to be replacing my 70-300mm with that monster one day.

As it is currently at least 190,000 yen new, I'm going to have to wait for that particular luxury I think.

Someone just bought the third lens I was selling on amazon.

3 lenses sold, for decent prices. Easily covers one of the new lenses I want, with some to spare.

This move is still going to be expensive, but quite a bit less than I thought.

:dance:

It changes by the day but my latest thoughts are:

D800 body

Nikkor 16-35mm

Nikkor 24-70mm

Nikkor 70-300mm (I already have this one, yey)

That would give me a fine range.

I was going to go for the 28-300mm pack-in, but I think I'll give that a miss and go for the above. See how I get on.

Now, to find the money.

Is the Nikkor 24-70mm the F2.8 one? Its a pro lens, but the best bit (the wide angle) is covered by the ultrawide. A lot of money and weight for not so much gain.

F2.8 is nice, but you can get much brighter primes that are much cheaper and much lighter. 50mm @F1.4 for example. I've got an F1.4 for dx and use F2 a lot for pics of my kids.

If the ultrawide is fine at 35mm, you could just leave that on most of the time, shoot at highest res, and crop to zoom 70mm equivalent and still have 10MP.

Someone just bought the third lens I was selling on amazon.

3 lenses sold, for decent prices. Easily covers one of the new lenses I want, with some to spare.

This move is still going to be expensive, but quite a bit less than I thought.

:dance:

is selling on Amazon easy then Muika? I've got some stuff I wouldn't mind flogging but dunno how to set up the Amazon thingy

Yes the 24-70 is 2.8.

I think I'm closing in on my desire for what I said above though.

I'm going to go take that 'bit of gain' option I think - I really want that 16 an' all.

The 24-70 looks like it will be the default lens with the others on either side.

:friend:

I'm not overly technical in my outlook, but have done a lot of reading up and that set up looks right and quite sexiful for me.

Can't wait.

:groovy:

Tubby it is really really easy.

You have an amazon account I suppose?

All you need to do is go to the Marketplace bit in settings and set it up. I can't remember it being a fuss.

Adding the lenses took me less than 5 minutes each, really simple.

They take a chunk of commission but for the simplicity of it I am totally ok with that.

You might want to get Ms Beaver to write the little blurb, but I kept mine really simple - no need for an essay.

My lenses all being in excellent conditions helped.

If someone buys your stuff you get an email.

Then you can just print off the label they make, box it up and send by takyubin.

All easy stuff presuming you can understand the Japanese on there. There may even be an English setting, not sure.

Well, I certainly think you can justify splashing some cash on your pastime, muika. You obviously love taking photos and have a real natural talent. Hope you like your soon to be new setup! And can't wait to see some of the results.

I sold some games a year or so back on amazon when I did a big clear out, and I too found it to be really easy and also sold all I was selling and got some decent prices.

Actually I might well just do another clear out.........