This came across my desk today and it really surprised me - and I live here

This gives you a good idea of how big this "patch of red dirt" actually is.

Wide open spaces indeed!

Interesting huh?

Perspective - OZ The Giant

Yeah but only about 20% of it worth living on. The rest is desert. Australia is mostly just flat, empty, dry and ridiculously hot (I'm not a big fan of the outback ;) ). The vast bulk of us eck out a living around the wetter coastal fringes.

Plus Australia is full of Australians. Another reason I'm not that happy about living here. Can't get away from the bastards.

umm you forgot the smiley after that rascist comment

Plus Australia is full of Australians. Another reason I'm not that happy about living here. Can't get away from the bastards.

That sounds like Niseko too! ;)

Rubbish. I could easily get away from them there. And Niseko is a lot more than just Aussies these days, especially those who live there. In my immediate group of closer firends in Niseko there were a couple of Aussies, New Zealanders, Chinese, Canadians, French, Americans, Dutch, Swedes, English and of course Japanese. A truly multicultural little enclave ;)

And more importantly all were there because of a love of snowsports. An awesome community to live in.

Unfortunately now I live in a community where everything is centred around the beaches and watersports. Nice if you're into that sort of thing but I prefer my water to be frozen...

Might be time for a move Go Native.You sound miserable and like a whinning Aussie.I will make sure I enjoy my self for you when I get to Niseko on the 6th :D

I just don't like living in Australia! I'd move back to Japan in a heartbeat if I could...

I haven't quite come to terms with living in this damned place if you haven't noticed ;)

I have noticed at least your smiling. I cant wait to go all ready got my gear packed doing the son's tomorrow. We just love japan and the whole snow community as a whole think there will be some big snow change's for my lady and I when our son's are settled and off your hand's.Keep smiling. :D

haha you know skippy :thumbsup:

Where is he?

Why he's down by river of course just waiting for trouble

MV5BMTgzNDcwOTU4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTkwNDMzMQ@@._V1._SY210_CR4,0,141,210_.jpg

No but really, the honest truth is that he has moved to Japan and is flying under the radar by dropping the first two letters off his name :D

Hey Roscoe - how sloooooooooooow does January go when you have a Feb snow date ?

Next year I'm coming early January

It's going really quick for me work is so busy and the rain just put's us futher behind going to finish packing today.Trying to study the run map's of where we are going.We are flying with Korean airline's Bris to Korea arrive around five in Seoul Have a look around Fly out next morning should be on the snow around 1.30 Staying Alpen Ridge.Get settled then hit up the night session.Have agood trip your self interested to hear about the new area you are going to this year. :cheers: