Hey party people, another gear question! Just lookin into a new set up for myself (moving away from burton, no hate or nothing, just trying something new)

Anyway, I'm pretty set on what board I want, but can't decide on bindings! I personally like what I see when it comes to Union's 2012 lineup! I've been thinking about a pair of Union Force bindings. Anyone got some knowledge to drop on me? Much appreciated!

in a word, no. People hate the straps.

Theyre durable, adjustable, lightweight, and pretty decent. But theres plenty of other equivalent and probably even better bindings out there for your cash :) Ps. I ride forces. I got no problem with them. Three seasons (about 60ish days), a bit of damage to the outer liner on the ankle strap on both sides, but still going good. :)

Gareth - are those just for park? My jaw dropped (literally) when the guy was riding and threw his foot in the binding. I've actually never seen a fastec in action, just pictures from online shops. Would have considered those had I not bought my Targa's already

they aren't just for park........I don't really think they are specifically marketed for Park, just that they promoed some guy grinding rails etc........I have Flows and love them BUT after my mishap at Kagura and finding it difficult to free myself from em when in the deep stuff I was thinking about whether I should go back to ratchets (whch I've previously swore I'd never do)......these could be a decent middle ground

I don't ride parks, but like I said I'm no expert, so don't have a lot of other experience to compare them with.

Two things I love about them:

1/ Once they are set up for your boot, just slide your foot in and youre strapped in and gone - no sitting down and no adjusting necessary.

2/ When sat on a chair, your front foot thats still strapped in has a pressure relax button, which temporarily takes the pressure off your foot, so a lot more comfortable

This is perhaps a more informative clip:

I have the fastecs as well but the "mountain" which is the freeride version, they are very light weight units and seem to be on the soft side. My first day riding on them will be sunday so after that I will have feedback on them.

Those new flows are awesome and I will be owning a pair of them as soon as they come out.

heard of switchback yet?

Youre going to, since its bataleon and i exist.

swtichback_bindings1-600x450.jpg

What are the top three developments and trends in next year’s bindings?

Part of the Switchback component idea is the inclusion of a no-back option with every base. Riding without a highback is not a new idea, but with far more supportive boots now than ever before it’s an idea whose time has come. If you haven’t tried riding no-back on rails (skate style) or on a pow day (surf style) then you need to give it a shot!

[/left]

For those that prefer traditional highback support we have a unique highback design option that eliminates the bulky center pillar and concentrates the support towards the sides – this gives great lateral flexibility without sacrificing heelside support, whilst saving weight.

[/left]

If you are undecided you can always grab both and change between them seconds (on the mountain even!) with our unique tool-less Switchback system!

[/left][/left]

Are you using any new materials?

Just the tried and tested - glass reinforced nylon. Multiple density EVA padding, stainless hardware – all tested and proven materials.

[/left]

What new technologies are you introducing to your line?

[/left]

We think that bindings today don’t reflect the diversity of riding and personal styles – most riders will ride one binding for all conditions and all riding styles for several seasons. Our tool-less Switchback component system enables a rider to choose from multiple different padding, highback and strap options (in multiple colours also) that all fit a single base – choose components to handle any snow condition, park or rail setup – this provides a big opportunity for stores to up-sell at point of sale and upgrade components over time.

[/left][/left]

What trends do you anticipate in the realm of graphics, themes, and colors?

Whatever the trend, you can choose Switchback component colors and build your own binding to match it – or not. Be your own trend!

[/left]

heard of switchback yet? Youre going to, since its bataleon and i exist. swtichback_bindings1-600x450.jpg
What are the top three developments and trends in next year’s bindings?

Part of the Switchback component idea is the inclusion of a no-back option with every base. Riding without a highback is not a new idea, but with far more supportive boots now than ever before it’s an idea whose time has come. If you haven’t tried riding no-back on rails (skate style) or on a pow day (surf style) then you need to give it a shot!

[/left]

For those that prefer traditional highback support we have a unique highback design option that eliminates the bulky center pillar and concentrates the support towards the sides – this gives great lateral flexibility without sacrificing heelside support, whilst saving weight.

[/left]

If you are undecided you can always grab both and change between them seconds (on the mountain even!) with our unique tool-less Switchback system!

[/left][/left]

Are you using any new materials? Just the tried and tested - glass reinforced nylon. Multiple density EVA padding, stainless hardware – all tested and proven materials.

[/left]

What new technologies are you introducing to your line?

[/left]

We think that bindings today don’t reflect the diversity of riding and personal styles – most riders will ride one binding for all conditions and all riding styles for several seasons. Our tool-less Switchback component system enables a rider to choose from multiple different padding, highback and strap options (in multiple colours also) that all fit a single base – choose components to handle any snow condition, park or rail setup – this provides a big opportunity for stores to up-sell at point of sale and upgrade components over time.

[/left][/left]

What trends do you anticipate in the realm of graphics, themes, and colors? Whatever the trend, you can choose Switchback component colors and build your own binding to match it – or not. Be your own trend!

[/left]

did I just say that?