Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
Goin negative (duck) for me relieves knee pressure.
Now that is interesting to read. Just today I tried +5 on the rear and was sure that my back knee was twisting and hurting more.

the only time it felt good was going fast on smooth runs.

This is all very interesting for me. I had always thought that the torque (twisting pressure) on the knees was mainly a skier's problem and that this was not much of a problem on snowboards. This was purely based on my own conjecture, having never tried a snowboard. Now reading all this input, I realize how wrong I am....very useful to know.

I once told a friend who had twisted his knees skiing to try snowboarding instead to lessen the risk of aggravating the injury...pretty bad advice on hindsight. Fortunately, he didn't listen to me.

fattwins, replied on other thread too... no go this week, but probably for the best, ive been fighting tendonitis in my left (back) knee for a month or so now - never bad enough to rest but not going away, so its probably good to be able to give it the rest it needs. i changed out of a duck stance cos i thought this may be aggravating it. i rode 0 on my back foot last trip and quite liked it.

Markie - I have a somewhat problematic knee but it basically never bothers me when I board. I would say it is much less stressful on the knees in general than skiing. Of course it is still possible to mess up a knee, but it is more common in skiing.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikazooki:
fattwins, replied on other thread too... no go this week, but probably for the best, ive been fighting tendonitis in my left (back) knee for a month or so now - never bad enough to rest but not going away, so its probably good to be able to give it the rest it needs. i changed out of a duck stance cos i thought this may be aggravating it. i rode 0 on my back foot last trip and quite liked it.
I also switched my back stance back to 0 yesterday at Togakushi because of my messed up knee but for some strange reason I had the toughest time getting up(after I`m done tightening my bindings). I also felt a bit weird riding this way so eventually I ducked out my back foot again just a little to -6 and that seemed to make a big difference. I was really surprised cuz after changing my stance I actually felt more comfortable riding and did not experience any pain from my knee as I had expected(the taping my friend did for me probably helped).