Went to my local ski resort today with my daughter to break in my legs and get them ready for the season.

No report this time as it is where I always go here in Yamanashi (Kiyosato) and I have reorted on this resort before,

Anyway was fun to get out there in the snow, we will be going somewhere tomorrow as well, I will write a report if I go somewhere different, or somewhere I havent reported on before.

I was out for the first time in Kamui today. Skiied from 9 to 3 pretty much non stop in deep powder. The old bod feels like total crap right now....need a hot bath, another glass of wine and a good sleep.

Sobering news - very sad. Im guessing it was on the left side of the Hercules course as they roped it off later in the day. It really was deep on those steeper sections and I can imagine a tumble on a snowboard and landing in it head-first could have you in some real trouble. Best to be with a friend and always keep and eye on each other in these conditions - even in-resort.

First and second days at Myoko Kogen. By far the best start to a season I've ever had. There must have been 2m of fresh snow by the second day... I'll post a trip report when I've finished checking my pics/vids and recovered a bit ;)