• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading up today - upstairs that is and back into bed

OK, this coming week looks like it might see some nice clear days.

I'm going to work over the weekend so I can drop tools and get out when conditions are muikatastic!

I might well be "heading up" somewhere not local.

I am thinking maybe Hakuba if I can see guaranteed clear blue skies.

:groovy:

I love this topic! I'm always snowboarding alone in trees, which is probably not the smartest idea, so I would love to board with other SJ members. I definitly want to board this weekend (21st and 22nd), either in Gunma or head into Niigata (Kagura, Yuzawa Onsen, etc) so tell me if your going to be in the area!

the weather report isn't very favourable for this weekend tho....seems to be warming up with the freezing level up near the top of a lot of the lower level resorts in and around Yuzawa and even some rain forecast :omg: . Kagura and Naeba should be ok with it tho, forecast for light snow and the freezing level just above the Mitsumata ropeway

I would still like to check out Gala.....and YES, I could probably make it there in 2 hours from Fussa. I think the trip up to Centleisure Maiko only took 2 - 2 1/2 hours today.

sorry to change the subject for a minute, but I HEADED UP today to Hakkoda and had a great day etc etc. One thing realllllly pissed me off though, and it has happened more than one time. Early in the morning before the lift opened up some Aussie guys rolled in. I said "Hey, how's it going?" No I didn't know them, but we are in a place where very few people speak English. All four of them walked by and just stared at me. Once the lift opened, they headed up and I said "Have a good run." Once again they just looked at me and walked off. fast forward 20 minutes. 0 visibility, and I come to an area where there is a traffic jam. I keep hearing, HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!. One of them had fallen in a 12 foot tree well and just could not get out. I just went right on by and said "Have a good run." He was close to the run and uninjured, and having been completely blown off earlier by them I felt little need to help. I didn't see any of them the rest of the day and was glad. To add insult to injury all the local riders were reenacting the HERRP HERRRP HERRP by the fireplace when I got back to the bottom. Why do so many people act so tough on the mountain???

sorry to change the subject for a minute, but I HEADED UP today to Hakkoda and had a great day etc etc. One thing realllllly pissed me off though, and it has happened more than one time. Early in the morning before the lift opened up some Aussie guys rolled in. I said "Hey, how's it going?" No I didn't know them, but we are in a place where very few people speak English. All four of them walked by and just stared at me. Once the lift opened, they headed up and I said "Have a good run." Once again they just looked at me and walked off. fast forward 20 minutes. 0 visibility, and I come to an area where there is a traffic jam. I keep hearing, HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!. One of them had fallen in a 12 foot tree well and just could not get out. I just went right on by and said "Have a good run." He was close to the run and uninjured, and having been completely blown off earlier by them I felt little need to help. I didn't see any of them the rest of the day and was glad. To add insult to injury all the local riders were reenacting the HERRP HERRRP HERRP by the fireplace when I got back to the bottom. Why do so many people act so tough on the mountain???

Dont think we are all like that Memphis Sound's like Karma bit him you have to love that. ;)