I was wondering if many of you in northern Nagano (or elsewhere for that matter) go to Kijimadaira much at all. Nozawa seems a big fave, but you don't seem to hear about Kiji that much.

I like the place, we went there last week when the snow sucked in the warm period, but the resort is pretty decent.

Ive been a couple of times but I just prefer Nozawa. Its got supposidly the steepest run in Nagano but unless you get there during a huge dump of snow its the steepest moguled horrible run in Nagano. Its a good resort in its own though and the park is pretty good, big halfpipe apparently but Ive never riden it.

By the way there is a big snowboarding event there this weekend called slopestyle, they bring in some pros both foreign and domestic types and its supposed to go off. Theres a J website somewhere if you do a search

Hi everyone,

Just got back from four days at Kijimadaira and had a great time. It was really quiet monday to wednesday. Good fun resort, great for learning jumps for you up and coming boarders and free skiers. Landed my first backside 180. That top steep run is insane. I got up there when the lift was first open but just not enough snow. Early morning powder on wednesday which was nice. Met some really nice friendly Japanese crew on the lifts too. Stayed with Mrs Blousely at the Alex lodge, great lady, (friend of a friend) great food, great english and good price. And you have to board down from the lodge to the first lift. Magic. It's near the end of the left hand side board park. Both sides of the mountain are available with a combo ticket, the other side looks like it's going out of business though!

I'm buggered but very happy!

Yeah, Makinoiri is DA GHETTO of Kitashiga! They`ve got some of the rudest lift operating jijis I`ve ever run into. Went there at the end of March last season and the place was absolutely pitiful, especially toward the bottom. There were bald spots everywhere(right in front of kickers and also in landing areas)and there wasn`t any attempt by the ski area operator to rope them off or at least put up some caution signs...you could actually see that in spring/summer time the place is a goddam golf course!