hey shut up you! i know shiga! :p i used to have a crush on a girl from shiga (hikone), shes gorgeous*! in fact kansai girls are gorgeous as well as funny and mischief laden... basically, what the hell am i doing in saitama?

*by gorgeous i mean she had a bit of a horse face, but for some reason im madly attracted to girls with horsey faces. :)

:horse:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forgot to add on the way there I'm flying JAL for all but the bris-syd leg as a risk management tool, hoping for a strike on the return leg :)

There are some great places that I know about. No hints, find them yourself. 'Go explore sucker!'   . .

I have been to both Myoko and Hakuba, and I liked Myoko more, I don't think I would rush back to Hakuba, but will certainly go to Myoko again, and I still want to do Madarao!

Depends on your riding style and what you want from a resort really!

Thanks so much as always guys - really valuable feedback. If there is snow (I am praying Mr Wiggles :) ) I think I'll head to Myoko Kogen for a few days and go from there. Just a pity my flight gets into Narita at 5pm, makes it really hard to get there that date. If it happens may try and get as far as Nagano and over night.

I don't think it goes direct Pete, if you are on the Narita express you'd change at Tokyo, its only 1 or 2 stops, if you are on the skyliner then I think you'd have to change as well but I don't know the station name.

Why Ueno?

Thanks mate - will grab the Narita Express into Tokyo and then the Shink and another train to Myoko. Looks like I can get there on that night. That is if its snowed...... If not plan B might be a side trip to Osaka - will hold off until the very end. Had looked at bolting to Hokkaido but flights are approx $1K :(

Thanks TB - I had a look mate but I miss the flight that night, Arr Narita 5pm on the 22nd, guess I could get the shuttle to Haneda, overnight and go to Hokkaido in the morning but NOT Niseko as was there last year and would love to ride some other places this year. I do have to be in Hakuba in the afternoon or Narita for that matter in the morning of the 28th as have a mate arriving. Probably just completely over thinking it though. Paralysis by analysis :)

If you're going to Hakuba I recommend hitting up Tsugaike for a day. When snow falls, it falls the most there (sometimes Cortina wins tbh) and the backcountry (if you're into that) is also pretty good.

I went to tsugaike once. I will never... never... never ever go back there. Its my #1 most hated resort ive been to. That flat middle part annoyed me beyond a level i thought it was impossible to be irritated. Then theres the powder traps all over it. If you like the pow, enjoy unclipping and walking through it :) Also, everythings kinda short. Theres only one run i remember being a little bit long... and only a little bit.

Im sure the heli skiing is great and all, but for the resort itself, even if this site gave me free tickets and i was in hakuba anyway i wouldnt go. Id rather pay 4500 yen and sit in goryu another day.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying other people cant have fun there or that theyre wrong. Its just when i turned up, the fun seemed to be located somewhere else.

If you're going to Hakuba I recommend hitting up Tsugaike for a day. When snow falls, it falls the most there (sometimes Cortina wins tbh) and the backcountry (if you're into that) is also pretty good.

I went to tsugaike once. I will never... never... never ever go back there. Its my #1 most hated resort ive been to. That flat middle part annoyed me beyond a level i thought it was impossible to be irritated. Then theres the powder traps all over it. If you like the pow, enjoy unclipping and walking through it :) Also, everythings kinda short. Theres only one run i remember being a little bit long... and only a little bit.

Im sure the heli skiing is great and all, but for the resort itself, even if this site gave me free tickets and i was in hakuba anyway i wouldnt go. Id rather pay 4500 yen and sit in goryu another day.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying other people cant have fun there or that theyre wrong. Its just when i turned up, the fun seemed to be located somewhere else.

It's a very beginner / intermediate resort. I worked there for a season, so I could be biased. But like most resorts, once you know where the fun parts are you always can enjoy yourself I suppose.

Hi Pete

My travel agent said "If your international flight is Oneworld member, your return internal airfare is $302(inc. tax)"

Seemore

Sadly slumming it with Qantas burning up frequent flier points.

Guys have spent a day at Tsugaike with a family and it was a fun day sliding with some kids but will hit up 47 etc when it dumps - EVERY day :)

It's a very beginner / intermediate resort. I worked there for a season, so I could be biased. But like most resorts, once you know where the fun parts are you always can enjoy yourself I suppose.

see, this is what i was angling at :p Wheres the fun bits! tell tell tell! im always up for being shown to be wrong because it means i get new super secret info ;)