Yesterday, I discovered half a great big jar of peanut butter in the back of my fridge.

From last year.

The date on it is January 2011.

But.... It looks, smells and tastes totally normal.

So what you reckon my peanut butter ok to consume?

As KISS so fittingly sang......LICK IT UP!! LICK IT UP!! ...........Wo, Wo, Wo,..... It's only right now! :party:

Chriselle, can I just ask... Were they singing about peanut butter past it's due date, though?

As KISS so fittingly sang......LICK IT UP!! LICK IT UP!! ...........Wo, Wo, Wo,..... It's only right now! :party:

Chriselle, can I just ask... Were they singing about peanut butter past it's due date, though?

Psst.......Ya know...actually

It's a little known fact that in that video ...hidden amongst all the bubble headed bleach blonde bimbos sexual innuendo ... was a subliminal message to go to your fridge and stick your index finger in your jar of Skippy, scoop a dollop and suck on it while you watched the rest of the video. The message was irresistible if you were even the least bit high. Pretty genius marketing for 1983....

Now ya know.. :happyshades:

I don't think you are "meant to". I haven't seen the "How To Keep Peanut Butter" rule book myself so can't be sure.

But when you are going back to the UK for 3+ weeks and leaving behind temperatures and humidity that you get in Japan over summer, don't know about you but I tend to put things like this in the fridge rather than have them hang about sweating.

Perhaps that is why it has kept so well? Really must get that rule book!

If it's natural peanut butter like Adams which you have to stir up it turns to stone if you put it in the fridge. Skippy or something like that probably has so many preservatives in that it doesn't need to be in the fridge. So I vote for .... not in the fridge.

Straight into the garbage.

I'm not sure that it's THAT bad!!

Haha....well, maybe not. Knee jerk reaction perhaps. When you're expecting regular peanut butter, take a bite and it's like ....What the F.....

Kinda like the the time I made chilli and mistakenly used sweet azuki beans instead of kidney beans... :huh: Another what the F... moment.

haha....schoolboy error. When I first got here I remember doing a similar thing with a curry doughnut....I thought it was a jam doughnut, looking forward to that sweet strawberry goodness, take a huge bite and......WTF!!? :lol:

I like curry doughnuts, just when your brain expects the tongue to taste nice sweety goodness but gets a dose of spice instead....things get messed up!! :)

Ya......it's like picking up a suitcase you thought was full but it's really empty.....your brain ...for a split second....goes WTF......

any other analogies??