I am trying to buy my daughter a Rome Vinyl 148cm board for Xmas and I can only seem to find them available in the US at a reasonable price but however they won't ship to AUS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

Banno

Your daughter will be stoked !

Rome Vinyl is a good board. Does everything well. Very light board to carry. It pops, carves, pipe .. the base goes pretty fast, too. Soaks a lot of wax, btw.

We got a 151. Recommend 151 instead of 148 in powder but still get back leg burn at that length.

There are a few boarders in the US that do the purchase/shipping for you. If you google cheapsnowboards4u you will come across the site. I brought my libtech skate and a K2 board for a friend and it worked out that I saved about 500 from buying it in Australia. They will friend you on facebook and send you photos when the goods are received. I hope that helps.

dont buy from teh house. They have one of the most restrictive shipping policies at the moment. The reason is two fold: First, they are burtons dumping ground. And to secure that contract they agreed to very restrictive sales timetables. I assume (because this part is conjecture) that they also had to agree to conditions that would force them to clamp down on "the grey market" (burton have been very aggressive about this since Jake came back).

Second, they bought sierrasnowboards and rebranded it as trusnow. Burton, for obvious reasons (unpaid bills), refuse to do business with sierra or anything to do with Mike Harrosh (the guy who ran sierra), so in order to once agian get burton to play nice they had to pretty much take it up the kiester. Other companies like dogfunk dont have these kinds of demands and will ship to mail forwarders so long as you arent announcing to their customer rep that youre shipping it to a mail forward to get round teh whole export ban. Its a pity, because just a month ago Rome were okay to export. Now theyre not. :(

PS. You can still export them to europe, us and canada according to the dogfunk list. So its just really Asia and Oceania that got hit with it.

Dogfunk is run/owned by the same company/is the same company as Backcountry. They are good people and always eager to help. I bought an Osprey backpack from them and found out that they have a lifetime return policy. I don't know what all that applies to, but that's zappo's quality customer service right there. And they price match other online venders.