Is the concept of "support" below google and facebook etc?

Has anyone ever tried to contact "support" on google or facebook or any of these new technology giants?

Almost impossible to even find anywhere to even contact.

You almost get the impression that providing any kind of support would be too low for them to steep down to.

The policy seems to be something like this

"Make it almost impossible for peasants to find any kind of way to contact us directly. Make it so that they just give up trying to contact us and/or or annoy other peasants with their questions".

Bloody works too!

First off, what the question is, is irrelevant. Because I was just pointing out how it is almost impossible to contact them.

And secondly, well, what the question is is not really any of your business.

:confused: :confused:

experienced the same Kev, it is madly frustrating trying to get some response or even getting to the stage of sending messages to them. I wanted to change the name of my account, help files were useless searches online were useless and just hit a brick wall. Ended up just starting again. wouldn't bother if it weren't for a group of friends from back home. but, no, they don't give a crap about any kind of support.

Funniest thing about the 'help' files was when you click on the No in the 'Did this file help you' bit, rather than taking you somewhere else or a form it just came up with a 'thanks for the feedback well use it to improve our services' message. Er, cheers!

:lol:

A quick search shows that many (many!) people have questions they want to ask and finding the same.

There are forms on there but they are not in obvious places - do a search for Facebook contact forms and you will find some places that give you lists.

Have read lots that basically you are lucky to get a response from them even if you fill them out.

It's all a cunning trick to minimise the amount of requests from the peasants of course as others have said.

They are too busy trying to take over everyone's lives to want to bother with such concerns.

I had a mare starting out. Didn't know what the hell I was doing and the help was almost meaningless as others have pointed out. I tried to contact them but even once I found a form, didn't get a response. Gave up, sod that for a laugh.

I never tried contacting them, but it pissed me off when Google started messing about with youtube forcing its accounts to be linked with Google.

I've got lots and lots of favourites, mostly tunes, so I can use youtube a bit like a radio. Quite a few of the songs only ever appeared on vinyl so the "video" is a photo of the label.

Anyway, thanks to google changing things, I have to use a separate login because my youtube was already linked to a different email. You might be able to change it but its not very clear how.

There are other ways of doing youtube as radio, like blip.fm, but I'd like to do easily with youtube itself.

I get the impression that with these tech giants doing the social network things etc it's a case of ..... use it. Like it or lump it, that's what it is. Don't be so annoying as to ask. Got a problem? Not interested, mate.

Curious attitude, considering that it's a "social" thing they'd peddling.