World's second largest ecconomy, to be the largest in 5 years is perhaps third world to some.

Instead of using this thread about the poor little girl's death to bash those wicked Chinks, just start one. Call it "China sucks because..."

The drivere of the vehicle has been arrested. The passersby scumbags have been caught and are being questioned by police. The family are seeking legal action. If there have been no crimes committed by those who walked away, there cetainly will be some made up for them. Happy?

Is just about everything about the economy?

thursday, please re-read and will notice that this isn't meant to be a bash China thread......

Don't call me a Thursday.

I do not get paid on a Thursday and then go squandering it on booze and loose women neglecting to feed the family or pay rent.

Sorry thursday.

Perhaps "the" thursday is better?

On shaky ground here but... generally the Chinese I have come across in my travels, and there have been many, do seem to have a fairly low level of basic manners and, whats the word, 'friendliness'.

Is that unrepresentative?

It's representative of your experience, which is probably representative of mine also, but you and I haven't met all 1.2 billion of them so it's not fair to say.

The thing with the little girl goes way beyond manners and decency. It's fundamental compassion and concern for another human in distress , a small defenseless child at that! Neanderthals wouldn't even do this. It's hard to imagine that 18 of the lowest moral decency citizens of China, by coincidence, just happened to be in that one place at the same time.

On shaky ground here but... generally the Chinese I have come across in my travels, and there have been many, do seem to have a fairly low level of basic manners and, whats the word, 'friendliness'.

I have felt the same when I have been shopping in Tokyo and been barged out of the way, elbowed in the ribs and been queue jumped. I would like to think that kind of behavior is only due to a small minority if ill-behaved people, as much as like Brits in Spain act. Generally well behaved but a spoil minority give the rest a bad name.

I have felt the same when I have been shopping in Tokyo and been barged out of the way, elbowed in the ribs and been queue jumped. I would like to think that kind of behavior is only due to a small minority if ill-behaved people, as much as like Brits in Spain act. Generally well behaved but a spoil minority give the rest a bad name.

Or Aussies in Niseko ;)

No, this is true. In the past they have not been allowed to travel abroad. And now that they have the money to spank people with, they feel they need to do that.

It is quite a disgusting sight. They come to Hong Kong and complain about they're not gettng servie when people are queuing up. They just barge in and the shop assistants just tell them to go to the back of the queue like everybody else.

It will take at least a generation of growing up for thee lowly Chinese to be less lowly. Bastards.

But then, from my point of view and where I live, I have met far more rude Americans than Americans I like, but that is due to a disproportionate amount of those that live in this area being young, dumb g.i.s from the naval and air bases around here.

Overall every nationality has the propensity to provide ill-mannered and ill-behaved tourists, but we should remember until we have met them all, like Mantas said, who are we to judge them all.

Work with a couple of great guys at work though who are doing a great effort in making me like Americans.

Quite often, though, as much as you can't brush everyone of the same nationality with the same brush, some strong stereotypical characteristics do come through don't they.

I know they sure do with the friends I have who are American, and Canadian, and British.

I have the same experience with the Yanks..........but then I do live in the same general area as yourself. Not met many Chinese

actually I take it back about the Yanks, I was able to buy some good beer, beetroot, proper bread, decent bacon, cheese and deli chicken slices on the cheap after visiting one of their lovely bases at the weekend.

I have the same experience with the Yanks..........but then I do live in the same general area as yourself. Not met many Chinese

actually I take it back about the Yanks, I was able to buy some good beer, beetroot, proper bread, decent bacon, cheese and deli chicken slices on the cheap after visiting one of their lovely bases at the weekend.

It is nice isn't it....Every other month or so my band plays at Camp Fuji. Always a good time to hang out and load up on some good Pub fare.

Where was my invite? ;)

ACTUALLY I did think about grabbing an extra case of beer after the last time I got some, you said you'd like one but I didn't know which one you'd want so I didn't