To those who are, are are going,... bald!

Hey. Last year or so my hairline has been - whats the word - receeding and getting thin on top. I think it's time to accept that I am starting to go bald.

So calling all you baldies. How long did it take from the first signs to becoming bald. Do you do little silly tufts? Or even a barcode (or variation of!)

Do tell!

just shave it off and pre-empt it....that way you can still (JUST) say that you do it for fashion, then after a few months when you've convinced yourself that you can still grow it back.....you'll see that actually you can't and you'll shave it off again. Thats how I did it

Well I still got all my hair, although it has receded a little, if I should go bald, not bothered at all, certainly I wont bother about the comb over, will just shave it off and be done with it!

I think that is too simplistic BoC.

+1s father was Friar Tuck in his early 20s.

+1 only really started the backward march/thinning in his late 30s (he has chosen the close cut)

But bear cub #1 is looking decidedly 'peaky' at 19, and #2 at 17 is not far behind...

My father has had a gradual progression and retained probably 60-70%, similar to +1.

One brother has a full and thick head of hair at 40 (next month) despite having his head shaved and cut open for brain surgery 10 years ago.

Other brother has thick hair, but significantly more forehead than before at 30.

Originally Posted By: @tokyo
I just want to get an idea of timescale from 'starting to thin out' to skinhead.

lol

Not sure that skinhead will suit me actually. shifty

I didn't think I'd suit it either but actually its fine.....telling ya, best option is to do it when your drunk, then its done and theres no going back. You7ll try and grow it back and then you'll find that you can't so sod it!! smile