OK well it's still another while before I actually get there, but I'm so enthusiastic about the forthcoming pies and beer that will be consumed that I couldn't help creating this now.

So initially here are some targets. There are my bare minimum targets for a period of about 3 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to impressively surpass them.

Pies:

25 pies

Beer:

40 pints

Other people are welcome to provide summer pie and beer details.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 pints in 3 weeks? You're not setting the bar very high there are you? If you're going to be so half-hearted about this thing, somebody should be sent who's prepared to do a proper job.

Personally when I go back to the country with the best beer in the world, I won't touch a drop of wine, despite the earnest entreaties of my brother-in-law and other well-meaning but misguided people. Time and opportunity has to be spent wisely.

the last time I was home I think I broke the 100 pints mark in 2 weeks.....maybe it was the time before as that was summer and we did a wee tour of north west scotland, meaning I got to sample loadsa different local ales

actually I think I was on 97 and still had Heathrow to go but didn't break the tonne mark....still a good effort

Either two with lunch and one with dinner, or the reverse, for a relaxed three a day easily puts you over 40. Pushing the boat out after dinner of course opens up all sorts of possibilities. Gambarimasho.

Well, day after tomorrow is when it all starts.

I'm putting the pressure on for a good showing.

Starting on the plane would you like some champagne sir.

Too flipping right I would!!

Have fun pie-eater.

Nice and cool overe here, good to get out of the pressure oven.

Not had any pies yes, but some drinks to be consumed tonight that's for sure!

Indeed, I had a pie and a few beers last night.

Pies - 1

Beer - 3

Decent flight went quickly.

Lovely sunny morning here in the outskirts of Wigan.

wave